Chapter 1

Gray's POV

"Stop calling me!" I shout at the communication lacrima in my hands. "But Gray-sama! Why didn't you let me go on the mission with you?" My girlfriend of 6 months cries to me. "Because it could be dangerous." I lowered my voice, getting glares from my teammates for being so loud. "Then you're in trouble?!" She gasped, panicking. "No. Juvia. I'm fine. Just don't come, please." I said in between her interruptions before she hanged up, saying she was coming. To tell the truth, it wasn't a dangerous mission, all we were doing was delivering a message, I just wanted to do a little side project on our return. "Jeez, every time Gray. Why don't you two just make a team already?" Natsu complained. He had become a little less confrontational with me after I woke up from my one month sleep, but it still annoyed the hell out of me. "Don't worry, one day I will." I sighed, throwing the glass ball back in my pack. "You're thinking of quitting the team? This is the first I've heard of this." Erza grew an angry aura as we walked. "I-I didn't mean it in that way. I meant, like, moving in with each other or something." I stuttered in fear of a lashing. Her punishments had become a little less hurtful since my sister's disappearance, but they still hurt. "Aww! Gray-San! I'm so happy for you!" Wendy cheered, jumping in the air. "You looovvveee heeeerrrr." Happy purred. I ought he was going to get less annoyed like Natsu, but I didn't have any luck in that area yet. "Shut up yah stupid cat." I grumbled without thinking, making everyone freeze.

The air went cold, like the warm blanket of faked emotions we had built over the months was lifted. That expression lucy used to say when she was annoyed with said exceed. I didn't mean to sound so much like her. "Sorry Gray." Happy said quietly, his spirit friend perched on his paw. Apparently, she was the fairy spirit she made on the night before her death. I guess because her contract was so recently made, she was allowed to roam our world freely. The twinkle noise the fairy would make when it moved sounded, making us all return to our previous state. "Come on guys! The shrine is just on the utter side of that mountain!" Natsu shouted, running ahead. "Wait up Natsu!" Happy cheered, flying after his partner.

As Wendy and Carla followed the two most lively of our group, I stayed back, watching them be happy. The feeling of a hand on my shoulder made me come out of my depressing thoughts. "Gray, she's in a much better place now. No one can hurt her anymore." Erza smiled sadly, trying to stay strong for everyone.

This is when the guilt set in. After my outburst after I woke up, I hated everyone and everything that would stand in my way, and Erza would always be the one to set me straight. She was standing string the entire time, even when others would suddenly lose it, she'd be beside them. I guess that's what she felt she had to do. "Right." I mumble, looking down again and walking, Erza leading the way, still keeping a close eye on me.

When we got on the shrine's borders, we heard a conversation not that far away. "Do you think that's the priest? The client said he liked walking around the outskirts." Wendy asked us. In the year, she had grown a little taller and mature, especially more observant. "Maybe, but it sounds like there's a girl there too." Erza said, walking in that direction.

Narrator's POV.

As soon as the group got close enough to see, Erza covered Gray's mouth and hid him behind a bush. Everyone else had seen, but him. "So Frozen, have you remembered anything else?" The sound of an old man asked politely to the girl he was talking to, the sound of China on China chimed. "Grandfather, for the billionth time, the earliest thing I remember is waking up in the shrine room.  It's the same answer as yesterday." The girl sighed, also setting some sort of tea cup down. "It's still good to ask, my child." He chuckled. "Luce..." Natsu mumbled under his breath as Erza stopped Gray from struggling, facing him the other way of the two unknown people. "Grandfather. It is getting time for my patrol, you should return to the shrine." The girl said, standing up. The old man stood up as well, with the clock of his fingers, the table and China tea set disappeared, and he left.

The girl stretched, her blonde hair with light purple highlights in a ponytail falling down her back. One of her eyes still held the nightmare of her past, although she didn't remember it's importance, the droplet stayed. She wore a light blue shrine maiden's uniform, although the fabric up to her knee was ripped off, so she could move around more freely when defending her grandfather's land, and a sheathed sword on her hip.

She had changed so much since her family had last seen her, but she was still the same lucy they loved, but all the memories they had made, wiped from her brain.

Gray's POV

When the old man left and the girl stood, Erza let me go, but held onto my collar to make sure I didn't run. Why was she so persistent for me not to see this person? "Are you going to come out now? Or do I have to take the first shot?" The girl announced, turning in our direction. In an instant, Wendy stood up, afraid for a fight to commence. "W-We didn't mean to eves drop! We're wizards with a message from our client!" She announced, making the girl pulled a confused face as she rested her hand on her sword. "I'm sorry, but only ice mages can enter this land." She said. As Erza's grip had loosened when watching the conversation, I stood up. "I am an ice wizard." I said. She looked familiar, but I could not place it. "So am I!" Natsu stood up, smiling. He seemed happier than usual. "Do you wish to offend me?" She spat at him, her composed aura instantly freezing. "I can smell the heat from here." She raised her nose at him and his jaw dropped. "What do you want from this place? The sword, perhaps?" She drew out her sword, aiming it in Natsu's direction.

Suddenly, I saw Tinker fly up beside the girl's ear, whispering something. She span around, almost cutting the fairy in two if she weren't a faded spirit. "How peculiar. I have only read of fairies in books?" She poked at Tinker's hand. "They sure are small." She sighed, making Tinker blow a fuse and smoke exploding from her ears. "What's your name?" Erza stood up, the last of our group to. "I am told it is Frozen. If that is true, I don't know." She sheafed her sword once again. "What do you do here?" Natsu asked. "Protect the shrine from invades and bandits. You are neither of these I hope?" She raised an eyebrow to us. "No, we know you!"  Natsu announces suddenly. Wait... "Have we met before?" She asked, pulling a face I knew too well. "Yeah, we met just over a year ago." He announced. "I'm sorry, even if we did. I have no memory except for the past 11 months." She sighed, looking down. "I'm you're brother." I told my long, lost sister. She immediately raised her head.

Once she noticed me, her face flickered in pain and she cupped her droplet eye, screaming as she collapsed to the ground. We all ran over, knowing her, bit she didn't know us. "No! Stay away from me you devils!" She screamed, still covering her eye as she reached for her sword. We stopped. "You hold demons in your past. St-Stay back." She struggled to get up, a purple shine coming from what she was trying to hide on her face. She started screaming again, the cries so memorable, so painful to listen to.

Suddenly, she just... fainted. The man we saw before standing behind her. "You must be her real family." He stated as we just stood in awe. A purple liquid was coming out of her mouth and nose, as if it was her blood. "I have been waiting. Fullbuster."