10

Michael woke up to loud bangs against the wall.

He jolted up his bed in cold sweat and takes a look around his room. It was still dark, about 3-4 am if he estimated. Why was he awake again? 

BANG! 

Michael jumped at the loud sound. He groans and swings his legs to the side of his bed as he rubs the sleep out of his eyes. 

BANG! BANG! BANG! 

"I THOUGHT I MADE IT LOUD AND CLEAR, ADRIENNE!" 

Michael's eyes widen at the sound of Adrienne's name. He immediately stood up from his bed and runs over to Ashton's room. His friend was sound asleep, lying on his front with the covers over his bare back. Michael shook Ashton, mumbling his name over and over in an attempt to wake him up. Soon, Ashton begins to grumble as he stares at Michael. At seeing the flustered boy his eyes widen. 

"Michael, hey bud what's wrong?" Ashton was quick to sit up and inspect Michael for signs of anything bad. 

"Ashton, Adrienne's apartment, there's loud banging and screaming." Michael said in a breath as his wide green eyes look around the room "what do we do." 

oh no. Ashton thought to himself. Ashton lets out a sigh of relief that Michael was a-okay. But soon he begins to worry to know that Adrienne wasn't okay. Their father must be-

Ashton shook his head "it's okay buddy. come here, lie with me. it's probably noisy in your room huh?" 

"b-but ash we have to help her." michael said helplessly. 

granted that it's been a couple of weeks since the kiss, and Michael and Adrienne's interactions only ever include shy smiles as they walk past each other in the hallway, Michael was still pretty worried about the girl. there seems to be something going on inside their apartment that michael doesn't know about. and his dream months ago, what could it mean?

"its nothing mike, just go to sleep okay?" ashton scooted to make space for  the boy in the bed. there wasn't anything sexual nor gay about it, ashton and michael have slept in the same bed multiple times before, even as kids. most of the time though, it was because ashton had to calm michael down from shaking too much during or after an attack. 

michael begrudgingly lay down on the bed next to ashton and closed his eyes especially since he was also tired. ashton let out a breath of relief. 

, , , 

michael let out a soft sigh as he added the finishing touches to adrienne's picture. he didn't have to do much. his job also included creating high quality pictures for resumes which meant that he had to remove any sort of extremities like pimples and scars and the like in order for it to look more professional; i guess that's why a lot of people come to him, not a lot of studios do that. however, adrienne didn't need much primping or editing; michael loved the freckles against her nose and the cute dimple she has when she smiles. she looked perfect. she was perfect. 

taking a small deep breath he then begins to boot up his printer. he then proceeds to print copies of adrienne's one by ones. he then puts it in an envelope and leaves his studio. 

he walks past ashton's area and sees his friend painting. he smiles, leaning against the wall. 

michael was always fond of ashton in a brotherly way. the boy was more creative than you would think, and he found that fascinating about his friend. ashton's paintings could make millions, if the right people saw them. 

"hey bud." ashton turns around, glasses resting on the bridge of his nose as he send michael a smile "what's up?" 

"just watching you paint. what's it for?" michael sat down on a stool near ashton's canvas. ashton smiles. 

"this big-shot saw my painting from a friend of a friend, turns out he has a new house needs furnished. wanted abstract paintings to somehow liven up the place." 

"how many did he order?" 

"handful of paintings. this is a big break you know, what if more big-shots see my paintings? this could help us." ashton smiles widely and returns to painting and michael just watched him. 

there was something calming about watching ashton paint. the boy was lost in his own world. it always calmed michael down. 

( a / n they aren't gay i swear this is brotherly/friendly fondness ) 

"oh yeah, i gotta go deliver adrienne's one by ones. i'd sit and watch you paint but- you know." michael stood up from the stool. 

"cool, hey did you take em today?" ashton asked, referring to michael's medication, as he continued to paint.

"yeah i did." 

"take care mike!" 

"you too ash." 

, , , 

michael proceeded to walk through the familiar halls of their apartment complex with adrienne's one by ones in one hand. he had the tune of the 1975 in his ears as he headed to adrienne's place.

stopping by adrienne's front door he then begins to knock.

Nothing.

Michael's eyebrows furrowed as he knocked once again. He heard a small whimper, then the door opened revealing adrienne's brother, looking very tired with a pad of paper in hand.

The boy's brown eyes widened as he looked up and saw michael.

"Hey bud um, is adrienne home?" Michael asks.

Calum stares at him and blinks, once, then twice, then he uncaps his pen and begins to write. Michael's eyesbrows frown once more as he watches calum scribble, his tongue poking out at the side of his lip out of concentration.

"Addie's taking a day job at the moment. Might i take a message?" The pad read as calum raised it up.

mute? Or just plain lazy?

Probably mute.

"Yeah uh here are the pictures she took i uh had them developed. I hope they had taken to her liking." Michael hands the frail boy the envelope filled with pictures and calum takes them.

"Oh yeah, thanks. I'll let her know." Michael nods at the boy and calum smiles.

CRASH

"COME BACK IN HERE YOU FAGGOT!"

calum visibly winces. He looks at michael who has already had an eye looking out for the ruckus inside the apartment.

"Is something going o-"

Calum hastily pushes michael out of the apartment and slams the door in his face. Michael stood dumbfounded outside. He stood there for a few moments before he saw a piece of paper being slid out the small slot under the door.

"Thank you but you need to leave. Don't tell addie what you saw. I'm sorry."

short and i didn't add a song at  the start. i'm sorry. 

i hope people still read this. its been a while i've kinda been out of the zone for a while. lot of shit's been happening. 

i hope people still read and enjoy this. 

i'll try to write when i can. thanks guys x