4

Looking up i see a falling star
And watch its fire burn into the floor
And i am left, standing on the edge
Wondering why we fall so hard
Why we fall so hard
-all time low ,, kids in the dark

"You're so whipped." Luke teased.

Michael gave luke a hard shove.

It was a monday morning, the sun was high and it was hot as fuck but michael needed his caffeine. And so he decided to visit luke, letting the two catch up over morning coffee. He just told luke about adrienne, that day she knocked on their door and michael answered in just his jigglypuff boxers, also the day michael walked her home whilst dragging his motorbike.

Luke has been teasing him nonstop.

"You so like her." Luke teased as he takes a sip of his coffee.

Michael shoves him again.

"Do not." Michael grumbles and takes a sip of his.

"Why are you even denying it? Its been a while mike, and you're allowed to like someone. Why not, ariana?"

Michael shoves him again.

"Its adrienne, noob, and i don't know. I don't like her like that."

"Sure you don't. How did you describe her eyes again? 'They're the prettiest brown i have ever seen in my life and i swear i could drown in the-' ow! Stop shoving me clifford!" Michael gave luke another hard shove and the lanky boy almost fell from his chair. That was good, at least luke won't see how much michael has blushed.

Michael was dying of laughter and luke pouted at him and crossed his arms across his chest "you're so mean to me. I can't believe i consider you my friend you big meanie."

Michael wrapped an arm around luke's shoulders "oh come on, you know you love me. And i love you."

Luke smirked "but you love adrienne mor- ow! Stop!"

Michael shoved luke again.

"Okay, but like in all seriousness, does this have something to do with, geordie?" Michael stiffens at the mention of her name. Luke slumps at michael's reaction "it is, huh?"

"Don't wanna talk about it." Michael mumbles and takes a sip of his coffee.

"But its been years michael, you can't seriously be scared of hurting people again." Luke sighs "look, i'm here if you wanna talk, but this adrienne girl might shine some light into your dark life. Give it a chance."

"Hemmings." The store manager interrupted. Luke nods.

"My shift is up, see you around michael?" Luke stands up. Michael stands up too, engulfing the taller boy in a hug because even though luke is annoying and teases him a lot, he's still a very good friend of his and has helped him in his darkest hours.

He was thankful for that.

"Thanks mate."

"Anytime clifford, anytime."

[ a/n muke ain't dead bitches. ]

,,,

Michael was walking home. What luke said just messed up his mind more. He sighs and ran a hand through his brown hair, soon then stuffing them in his pocket.

Adrienne, was, well, different. In more ways than another adrienne was a breath of fresh air and he liked that. He liked that a lot.

He was so sick of the same people, same insults, same boring places. Then adrienne comes along and just poof. It was like michael was suddenly breathing fresher air and it was so relaxing and addicting michael can't stop.

He sighs and wheezes, why are there so many stairs? And why am i so unfit? He finally reached his floor but was surprised to see a guy his age outside adrienne's apartment.

He was sitting down on the floor, his knees to his chest, rocking back and forth. He was cradling something in his hands.

Who's he?

"Hey," michael spoke up "are you okay?"

The boy raised his head and saw that he and adrienne has the same features. Same eyes, same plump lips. His eyes were red rimmed. His lip had a cut and he was cradling something sharp that it made his hand bleed.

This must be her brother. What was his name? Chad? Candace? Calum?

He didn't speak though, he was still looking down at the mess in his hands and michael recognized it. It was a guitar all broken into pieces.

"Wh-who did that to you?" Michael said. The boy shrugged.

"Is adrienne okay?" The boy's eyes snap up to him in shock. Michael was confused.

"Y-you need to get cleaned up before that gets infected, um, do you wanna go to my place to clean that up?"

The boys shakes his head and curls up more.

Michael then decided to leave him alone.

But michael was confused. There's more to adrienne and her family than to what she lets out.

And michael wanted to find out what really was up with her.