Chapter 8

A/N: Okay, Etienne is back in the picture and, we all know what a douchebag that guy is (I've got to figure out if this guy has a single redeeming quality. And if so, what is it?). So be forewarned. There is a reason why he is a dick. There is Violence Against Women in the beginning of the second part of the story.

Santa told me I had to deliver. Hope you enjoy this morning's gift!

As with all other chapters, this is dedicated to Lana_Sky for her creation (Without Thorns) and inspiration for this story. Thank You Nikki! :-)

____________________________

Chapter Eight

As Nagülan walked over, Dane noticed him looking and frowning. What now?

“Did you grow bigger yet again whilst I was retreiving the last wolf?” Nagülan asked having to now actually glance up at the wolf man.

Dane snorted. “Is that all you were doing?” he asked not really wanting an answer but feeling the need to give the elf a hard time.

A large smile grew on Nagülan's face as he leaned into Dane. “A gentleman never kisses and tells,” and then he winked at Dane.

Dane drew back with a snarl. Nagülan had no shame. Dane's eyes flickered over to the female that had accompanied Nagülan out of the building.

Nagülan took note of Dane's glance. “Ah, let me introduce you to our 'inside' information.” Nagülan turned towards the elf standing behind him. “Sithari is an old friend of mine. Once I knew where we were heading I called and asked her to scout out the area. She was more than obliging.” Dane detected the innuendo. Nagülan turned to the woman. “And this is Dane, a wolf on a mission to help save my forests and the city it surrounds.”

Dane, not willing to dispute the elf's description of him, nodded and held out his hand to the female elf. She looked fragile yet determined with hair so blonde it looked white and yet her eyes were the darkest blue Dane had ever come upon. Deep ocean blue. Indigo. Her skin was golden, only slightly lighter than Nagülan's own healthy tan. She had that indeterminable age of the elves as well as their haughty confidence. Her hand was delicate in his own but he could feel the callouses that were in the same places as the callouses on Nagülan's hands. Friends with benefits? Dane asked Nagülan through the mind link as he smiled politely to the young(?) woman.

Nagülan winked again at Dane with a sly smile. The benefits are a blessing from Gaia herself.

Even the implication of sex had Dane's mind flowing back to Deva but, now was not the time for him to lose control. Hmmm. Was that an after effect of the accumulation of wolf power? Dane tried to shrug it off and concentrate on the here and now. But the flow of blood began to work its way back to his crotch.

Nagülan looked again at Dane's appearance. “My friend, it seems you have grown out of your clothes.” Did you grow proportionately? Nagülan asked of his friend with a smirk noting the sudden bulge between the wolf's legs.

Dane looked down at himself. He ignored the increase in pressure between his legs. He took a closer look at his thighs. These were his favorite pair of jeans. When he had gotten on the plane they had been very loose fitting and now, not only were they tighter in the thighs and buttocks (and crotch) they were also a half a foot too short. Would you like to pull it out with a measuring tape and make comparisons? Dane equaled the elf''s smirk.

Nagülan shook his head with a laugh. “I think you will need a new shirt as well. You seem to be bursting out of the seams on this one.”

Dane stretched.