one

on the next morning, robert woke up with a smile on his face. today he had no work and he could go to his favorite coffee shop early in the morning to avoid the bunch of people. his promenade to starbucks was peaceful, like always.

on the way to the cozy coffee shop, he discovered a new musical band, called "band of horses" . he couldn't stop humming their songs and he even earned some glares from the passersby. like he cared. he was just being himself. what was wrong with that?

when he entered starbucks, he didn't expect it to be full of random people. he managed to order his drink, pay it without causing a scene for the rather slow service and looked around, trying to find a seat.

ugh. just great! , he thought, annoyed. he couldn't even find peace in his second favorite place in the world, the first one being the world wide web, of course.

in the crowd, he spotted a girl, perhaps a bit younger than him. the thing that was making her in a full contrast with everybody else was not only her dip dyed red hair. the way how she walked to order her drink, how she was ignoring the stares and the giggles. our hero didn't know that girl, but he already liked her.

robert, after finally finding a place (thanks god a family with a stroller had just left the coffee shop), sat alone and opened tumblr, like always. he had finally got the courage to ask his "idol" a question online.

anonymous asked:

hello, how are you? :)

he was so deep in his thoughts, that even a female voice asking him if she could sit next to him, did not catch his attention. when he finally raised his head, he saw the red haired girl from earlier. a bright smile was shining on her face.

"mind if I sit here?" , she repeated and added that she couldn't find a place anywhere else.

"no, not at all," robert said, returning back the smile. the girl took a seat. robert watched how she put her drink on the table, opened her bag and got out a tablet from it. he chuckled.

"what's so funny?" , the girl asked.

"i'm s-so sorry." , he stuttered and made the girl laugh. she stuck out her hand and introduced herself as kristen. our hero shook her hand politely to greet her, as he introduced himself too.

robert plugged his earbuds in his phone and handled to kristen one of the earbuds. kristen put it in her ear and in the matter of seconds, music could be heard.

"ah!," she squealed. "my favorite band!"

after a long conversation, they learned so many things about the other. he learned that kristen was four years younger than him and that she enjoyed photography and music. she learned that he had graduated from yale university with excellent results on his exams.

"wow!" , she exclaimed. "you must be pretty smart!"

robert grinned. he had impressed her. one point for him. for a while, he forgot about artsyglitzygirl.