The Night Before Christmas

ADAM'S POV

"Songs live longer than kingdoms."

~Atticus

December 22nd

Los Angeles, California

"Adam!"

Nix came whizzing at me like a little red bullet, her hair falling from its clip and spilling around her neck.

I dropped my bag and swept her up into my arms to hug her tightly, inhaling her comforting scent of vanilla and lavender, along with a slightly darker tinge of something else. I grinned.

"I see you got the perfume I sent to you? Or, I can smell, rather." I chuckled. Nix laughed and kissed me deeply, her small, warm hands on my shoulders and her body melted into mine.

I loved the contrast, loved the feeling of how small she felt compared to me, and I knew she loved it too.

For once I wasn't feeling quite so guilty as usual; I hadn't seen Lauren or Sauli once the entire tail end of the tour, and while I would be picking up with the tour again after New Year's, I wanted to promise myself not to talk to them again. New Year, new me.

I was aware that people were starting to notice us, so we hurried to baggage claim, where I got my stuff and we ran out to the BMW.

"Wow, babe, not a scratch on her, I'm impressed." I said with a nod, inspecting the car.

Nix stuck out her tongue. "Which of us has the perfect driving record, here?"

"Yeah yeah yeah." I slid into the front seat and leaned over to open Nix's door for her.

"Are you hungry?" She asked, pulling out of the space.

"Oh my god, I want an American cheeseburger. I could eat a hundred of them." I groaned.

""Ha, wow. Don't they have McDonald's like, everywhere?"

"Yeah, but none of them are like they are here at home."

"Fair enough. Alright, let's find a place."

After eating we returned home and Nix was practically bouncing in her seat.

"I decorated some of the house, but not the tree yet. I thought maybe we could that together, you know?"

"I'd love that," I smiled. I beamed at the two huge, green wreaths with red ribbons that were on the black iron gate leading to the house. "Oh, Nixxy, that looks awesome!"

"TJ did that one," she said, hitting the button we kept in the car to the open the gate.

"Alright, well I thank him then," I laughed. As soon as we were parked I rushed around to open her door and pull her into my arms again.

"God, I missed you so much."

"I missed you too."

"I don't know what I wanna do more; kiss you, hug you, just talk with you, do so many...things to you."

Nix giggled when I brushed my stubbly chin across her neck. "Don't see why we can't do all of those things." She said.

"Mm, unpacking can wait." I said, dragging her to the front door.

"Wait, I changed the code," she said, jumping in before I had the chance to enter it.

"Why?"

She gave me a 'seriously?' look. "Because! I'm all alone here, I change the code all the time, even Ash and Tommy were getting sick of it."