I'm The Sky

ADAM'S POV

She was just stunning, at every angle. She was almost...too beautiful, if such a thing existed. Like she wasn't real. She had constantly informed me that she 'wasn't pretty enough to be with you,' but in my mind, she was too beautiful. An angel I didn't deserve.

Her dark lashes were brushed against her skin, now sporting the lightest of tans from her usually light pallor. Eyebrows she spent too much time on but that accentuated her ever so slightly round face. Random little freckles were dotted here and there, like adorable little red snowflakes painted across her button nose that turned up just a bit. Her perfectly arched Cupid's bow and full bottom lip. I touched her hair, that she so often wore up or pulled back in it's waves and tousles. It was getting more blonde from the sun, but by winter I knew it would red again.

If I was there to see it.

I ran my hand over the curve of her hip and waist, her smooth skin warm under my touch, to the dip between her neck and shoulder, then tangled my fingers in her hair. Her body was so elegant, yet nothing about her looked unhealthy. She wasn't painfully skinny like was so often seen nowadays, she had an almost athletic build but wasn't into sports. And her delicate little hands...so small when they got lost in mine...

"Enjoying yourself?" Came her sleepy voice, with a hint of a smile.

"Quite." I kissed her pink cheek. "You might want to get up and get things packed, baby. We can leave this afternoon. There are always flights to England."

She rolled onto her back, eyes lighting up. "Oh my gosh, I totally forgot!" She kissed me deeply, pulling me down so that I had to put an arm on one side of her to keep myself upright. "You bought me a house. Because you're ridiculous like that."

"Ridiculously awesome, you mean." I said, with a lame attempt at seriousness.

"Yeah, that too."

As badly as I wanted to stay here in bed all day with her, it wasn't happening. With a sigh, I hauled myself out of bed and held a hand out for her to take.

"Mm, double shower?" She asked with a flirt in her slate blue eyes.

"If you're good," I winked.

NIX'S POV

The flight to England was rough and tiring, but beautiful. Adam and I sat at the back of the plane with my head on his shoulder until we both fell asleep.

When I woke up briefly, it was dark and there was frost on the window, the lights were low and most of the passengers were asleep. Adam was totally out, mouth open and snoring quietly.

Oh yeah, he's not always a "beautiful sleeper"; he is human after all, despite the allegations.

I raised my hand for the stewardess and she hurried over, filling my request for a couple pillows and blankets.

As gently as possible I slipped the pillow under Adam's head and tossed the tiny blue blanket over him, and then did the same for myself.

14 and a half hours later we landed at the London terminal. Things were insanely crazy, and it took easily another hour before we managed to escape and get to our rental car: a silver Range Rover. Adam whined a little about it, but it suited our needs well. To be honest, I thought it was a pretty good car.

We stopped for food before setting out to our hotel. We would head to Robin Hood Bay* the next day.

"Oh man," Adam yawned, flopping down onto the bed closest to the door, just like he always did. I grabbed my PJs and changed in the bathroom, too tired to shower.