chapter six

Delilah's POV

I wake up to find myself in the same spot as I did just a little over 12 hours ago; in my bed with Ryker in nothing but my underwear. I wonder if this will become a frequent thing. At least I'll catch up on my sleep. I roll over and grab my phone. 3 texts and 2 missed calls. 1 text from Harry and everything else from my mom.

Mom: be home soon, want me to pick up food? (3:24 pm)

HarBear: how are you boo :( (3:29 pm)

Mom: or not ha be there in 30 minutes! love you :) (3:41 pm)

I check the time and it reads 3:59. I groan and mumble some swears before there's movement from the other side of my bed.

"What's up, sweets?" Ryker's voice is deeper than usual and it sends tingles to my toes.

"Uhm, my mom is going to be home in like 15 minutes so we either go upstairs and sit on the couch and pretend that we were watching movies the whole, or you leave," I answer nervously. In all honesty, I hope he picks the first option.

"Maybe I should go, then." He sits up and ruffles his hair, trying to put it back in place. He's buttnaked so when he stands, I get a good look at everything, including his dragon tattoo that snakes down his right arm from his chest.

"Why don't you just stay?"

"I have places to be, other girls to fuck," he answers, looking up to smirk at me while he puts on his pants.

"Really?"

"Nah, but I don't know why you need me hanging around."

"Maybe I like your company." I'm kind of offended by the way he's acting. Why can't he just watch a movie with me? "It's not that hard to do. You've just got to sit on a couch and watch a movie with me. Hell, we could make some mac n cheese if you want. Harry told me you like it. Extra cheesy, too." Ryker smiles at that.

"Harry knows me so well." I give him a look, and he stands still for a second, debating on whether he should stay or not. "I guess I'll stay. But, you're making me mac n cheese." I crawl out of my bed and jump onto him, hugging him tight.

"Thank you," I squeal, as he wraps his arms around me. I lift up my head to look at him. He bites his lip, and I bring a hand up to his hair. I run my fingers through it, pulling it gently and toying with it. He brings his lips to my neck, kissing me and lightly biting my skin. I let my head lull, enjoying the feeling he gives me. "Ryker," I breathe, trying to deny his advances.

"Hmm?"

"Stop, my mom," I plead.

"What about her, baby," he teases, running a hand up and down my bare back.

"We can't. She's going to be here any minute."

"Really? Fine," he says reluctantly, gently putting me on the ground. I kiss him once before walking to my closet and fishing for clothes. "God, you're really hot." I smile to myself.

"You're not too bad yourself." I look at him over my shoulder and make eye contact as I put on my bra and he buckles his belt.

"Why do we have to put clothes on to watch a movie?"

"Because we're watching a movie, not fucking," I say matter-of-factly.

"Why can't we do both?"

"My mom."

"Fine," he grumbles, pulling a shirt over his head.

"What do you want to watch?"

"Don't care as long as I have my mac n cheese," he says with a wink. I toss my shirt at him and he catches it.

"I swear to God if you make one joke about how I belong in the kitchen," I warn, pointing a finger at him.

"You don't belong in the kitchen, you belong in that bed." He smirks. He needs to stop doing that. It makes my knees wobble.

"Well, you belong out in the living room with your butt on the couch watching the telly, so go," I urge, pushing him out the door. "But can I have my shirt first?" He looks down at the bundle of cotton and polyester he's holding.

"This old thing? You look better without it."

"No, now give it to me." He holds it above his head and I jump for it, but I can't reach. "Ryker!"

"What?" I jump for it again. "Your tits bounce when you do that, keep doing it." I cover my chest and pout.

"Shirt."

"No."

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Because my mom will be home any minute and-" I stop speaking when I hear the screech of our garage door. I can feel the color drain from my face and I actually push Ryker out of my room and lock the door behind him. I go to my closet and quickly pull on a different shirt and apply deodorant. I reopen my door and grab my shirt from a clueless Ryker, throwing it inside my room and closing the door again. "Let's go pick out a movie, yeah?" I lead him to the basement. I sit down and sort through the pile of remotes on our wooden coffee table to find the one for the Blu-ray player. "Come," I say, and pat the spot next to me on our old brown couch.

"What kind of movies do you like?" he asks, sitting down where I told him to.

"Horror. They're my favorite." I click the ON button and the TV powers up.

"Really? Me too."

"What's the best one you've watched so far?" He looks at me and smiles.

"Twilight." I laugh at his joke and he fake pouts. "So by best do you mean best acting or best almost-piss-yourself moments?"

"Almost-piss-yourself."

"Quarantine and The Descent."  I nod.

"I haven't seen those. They sound creepy," I murmur as I scroll through movie titles. 

"They are. When are you going to make me my mac n cheese?" he whines.

"Later." 

I hear a door slam upstairs and my mom calls down. "Sweetie, I'm home!"

"Hey, mom!"

"Whatcha doing?" she questions as she walks down the stairs.

"Watching a movie." She steps in front of the couch and her mouth falls open a little.

"Oh, sorry I didn't know you were here," she mumbles, directed towards the boy with his hand now on my knee. I watch as she sees it and gives a questioning look. I grab his hand and place it in his lap.

"This is Ryker. He came over to watch movies with me."

"Hello," he greets, right on cue.

"Hi, nice to meet you. Do you two need anything?" My mom always offers to make my friends and me stuff. One of the reasons I love her. 

"Mac n cheese."

"Extra cheesy?"

"Of course."

"Wait, you like yours extra cheesy too?" Ryker pipes up. I nod and blush. He smiles with all of his teeth. "Cool."

I stand up to hug my mom and give her a kiss on the cheek. "How was work?"

"Good, tiring. Sorry I haven't been home."

"It's okay," I assure her. She turns to go upstairs and make our food and I swear Ryker couldn't have pinned me down to the couch faster.

"I really want to touch you right now," he growls, slipping a hand under my shirt. I put my hands on his chest to push him off.

"Ryker seriously, she'll get pissed," I whisper. He loosens his grip a little and I take the opportunity to sit up. He looks dejected, so I lean over and kiss him hard. "I'm sorry. I promise I'll make it up to you." He settles back into the couch and slings an arm over my shoulder.

"Hell yeah you will."