chapter five

Delilah's POV

I wake up in Harry's bed. 

"Good morning, love," he whispers in a raspy voice. I turn to look at the other side of the bed but there's no Harry. "Down here." I follow his voice and see him bundled up on the floor. He smiles at me and pulls the covers tighter around himself.

"Why'd you sleep on the floor?"

"Because. You were taking up too much of the bed."

"I told you you could have it and I'd sleep on the floor. And isn't your mom worried that we slept in here?"

"Del my mom's gone. She's been in the States for a few days. I told you about that." I furrow my eyebrows and try to remember. 

"Sorry, I must've forgot," I apologize. He rolls over onto his stomach and mumbles something I can't understand. I sigh and wrap his giant comforter around me and snuggle into it. 

After a short silence Harry asks, "Can I come lay with you? It's really cold down here." I tell him he can because we cuddle all the time, it's just how we are. I like his presence. It gives me comfort. He stands up and drapes his blanket over his shoulders. He decides he wants to lay where I am so he flops down on top of me, squishing me. I squeal and push him off while he laughs. 

"Not funny," I pout, and he responds with more laughter. He slips under the covers with me, throwing his comparably flimsy blanket to the floor. He lays on the complete opposite side of the bed, almost as far away from me as possible. "Harry what are you doing?"

"Laying with you." Sarcastic son of a bitch.

"No, you're laying next to me. Now get over here." He complies and the bed dips down while he crawls toward me. I don't even realize he wasn't wearing a shirt until I lay my head on his bare chest. I wrap my arm lazily around his waist and snuggle into him. "You're cold." 

"That's what happens when someone makes me sleep on the floor," he singsongs. I pinch his side and he shuts up. 

"Play music."

"What kind?"

"The xx." He leans over me to reach his phone on his side table, necklaces dangling in my face. I reach up to toy with one, wrapping it around my fingers while he sets up his iHome. 

"What song?" he asks, awkwardly looking down at me. 

"Angels." He scrolls through the album and taps on the song, cranking up the volume. He settles back down and I sink into him again. 

Light reflects from your shadow

It is more than I thought could exist

You move through the room

Like breathing was easy

If someone believed me

Harry starts to run his hand through my hair and sing along to the song. 

They would be

As in love with you as I am

They would be

As in love with you as I am

They would be

As in love with you as I am

They would be

In love, love, love

"This is a pretty song, don't you think Harry? I love it," I mumble, running my hand up and down his little tummy. He isn't fat, by any means, but he doesn't have abs.