chapter three

I wake up in my bed, slightly confused. I rub the sleep from my eyes and stretch out my legs. My foot makes contact with something and my eyes shoot open. 

I slept with Ryker.

"Shit," I mutter, pushing the covers off of me. I sit at the end of my bed and look down at the dark haired boy. I can't tell if I'm admiring his features or regretting what we did.

Maybe it's a little bit of both.

I stand up and wander to my closet, searching for a sweatshirt to wear since I'm only in my panties. I don't even bother putting a bra on before I pull the fabric over my head. I tiptoe back to the bed and crawl in again, snuggling up to Ryker. 

He's really warm and smells of vanilla. He's facing me, but his eyes are closed and his breathing is even, so I know he's still asleep. I pull the covers over me and intertwine my legs with his. I start to fiddle with his hair and draw shapes on his skin with my fingertips. 

"You were right. You're a sensational fuck," I whisper.

"I knew you'd come around," he grumbles. I jump a little bit. I wasn't expecting him to hear that.

"When did you wake up?"

"Five minutes ago, I don't know." I sigh in response and he opens his eyes, offering a slight smile. "Now you know I'm not a liar," he taunts, sitting up. 

"Come back, you're warm," I whimper. He gives me a look. I prop myself up on my elbows. "What?"

"You actually want me to lay with you? I usually have sex and just...leave," he answers tentatively. I smile at him. 

"Yeah, lay back down."

"I don't cuddle, Delilah," he says with a shake of his head. I frown and he falls back onto the bed with a huff. 

"Then what the hell are we supposed to do?"  I question. He tilts his head to look at me.

"We could go for a round two?" I roll my eyes at him. "Come on," he prods, poking me in the cheek. I grin and he laughs. "Or I could just leave...but I prefer the first option." I think about it.

"Goodbye then, Ryker." He smirks and sits up again. My bed creaks as he pushes off of it, standing up to stretch. He's in just his boxers. He fishes through our pile of clothes, carelessly thrown on the floor a few hours ago, and pulls out his shirt and shorts. He slips them both on and walks out of my room. I get up and follow him to the mudroom.

"When are we going to do this again?" 

"Give me your phone," I demand. He finishes putting on his left shoe and types in the code to unlock his iPhone. He hands it to me when he's done. I add in my name and number and give him his phone back.

"I had fun," he admits, pulling his beanie on. I lean against the doorway, still in just my panties and a sweatshirt. He turns over his shoulder and bites his lip slightly while openly checking me out. I wave at him, wiggling my fingers and returning a smile. "Goodbye, Delilah." I watch as he closes the door behind himself. 

I return to my room and flop down on the bed. I reach for my phone, removing it from its charger. Seven unread texts. All from Harry.

HarBear: Sorry for leaving like that xx (11:24 pm)

HarBear: Del, is Ryker still there? (12:12 am)

HarBear: Delilah. You always text me back within minutes :( (12:31 am)

HarBear: Love, please don't let Ryker fool you.. x (1:14 am)

HarBear: When can I see my favourite girl again :( (1:56 am)