7. CHRISTMAS!?

-
"ARE YOU SERIOUS!? ARE YOU BLIND?" I screamed, quite angry i might add, at the refs call.

I sat down in my seat, next to joy.

"Wow." Joy laughed.

"That was a bullsh*t call!" I laughed.

The clips were playing the nuggets, and on the Saturday before Christmas. Christmas fell on a Wednesday, and Blake had another game tomorrow, a break on Monday & Tuesday- Christmas Eve.

Although B had a game on Christmas Day, we we're bringing our family to the game.

-

After the game, I texted Blake- "You did AMAZING! Meet you at home baby!"

Yeah, by now I started calling his house "home." He called my house the same thing. I was kind of wanting to move in with him, but- I didn't want to rush it on him if he wasn't ready for that.

I dropped joy off at DJs, and drove to Blake's.

"HEY LITTLE BOY!" I sad and pet Chaney as he ran up to me wagging his happy little tail.

I set my purse down and walked to the kitchen to make blake something, he's always starving after games.

The door finally opened about 2-3 hours later and in came B.

"My baby's home." I ran to Blake and hugged him tight.

He let out a little giggle, and kissed me.

"Hey you," he said and set his stuff down and collapsed on the couch.

"We need to talk about Christmas," I said as I handed Blake a plate of food & a drink.

"Gosh you're the best." He mumbled as he eyed the food.

"Well thank ya," I curtsied trying to be cute.

"Anyways.." I laughed and sat next to him.

"Christmas is Wednesday, do you think we should just invite your parents and maybe mine, Taylor & Marieka, maybe Joey- to the game? And afterwards or before we could have dinner." I suggested.

"Sounds good." He said through a mouthful of food.

"Alright, I'll let my dad & Angie know. Are y-" I said but Blake cut me off.

"What about your mom?" He blurted.

My mom didn't show up to the thanksgiving party, Blake hadn't even met her yet. My divorced parents didn't really get along..

"Well. Uh, I can invite her. If you want." I said..

"If YOU want babe." He said and grabbed my hand.

-

After Blake showered and ate, we went out with DJ & Joy for awhile. It was fun, I might've had a little too much, but it was fun nonetheless.

-

The next two days flew by, I had solo interviews, and got to work another press conference (still with the help of Madelyn).. Also, the boys won against the Grizzlies & Blake did amazing, he racked up 32 points.

It was Christmas Eve & I still needed to go shopping, but only for Blake. Last minute, anyone?

"See you later Blake!" I called upstairs as I walked outside to Joy's car.

"So where are we going?" Joy said as she drove down the street.

"Okay, I already bought everyone's presents even yours- I just need Blake's." I said.

"Any ideas?" Joy asked.

I slumped down in thought, there were so many things I could get Blake but I wanted it to be special.

We parked by a bunch of stores, and started walking around.
We passed a display window and something caught my eye.

"That's it. I have to get it for him." I snapped as I stared at a beautiful, luxurious leather band gold Rolex.

I bought it on the spot, and walked to the car proud of my choice.

"I think he'll love it." Joy said.

"I hope so." I smiled.

I got back to my house, and wrapped Blake's present and brought it over to his house.

I slipped it under the tree without Blake seeing.

"Hi Lynn.." Blake smirked and snagged a hug from me.

"Hey, you need to get some sleep baby! Tomorrow is a big game." I said grabbing his hand leading him upstairs.

"Why are you so good to me?" Blake asked as he pulled me close to him.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I smirked.

Blake laughed and kissed me. Slowly & passionately and our hands explored each other. We spent the next hour doing something we had never done before. It felt right, and full of love. It was amazing & meant to happen right then.

Eventually we got into bed to go to sleep. Blake wrapped his arm around my waist and whispered in my ear, "goodnight baby." Which gave me chills and put a smile on my face.

-

I woke up to the sound of Blake in the shower. I walked to the bathroom to brush my teeth, wash my face etc.

"MERRY CHRISTMAS BLAKE!" I said as I walked in the restroom.

"Merry Christmas baby!" He laughed through the shower. I did my duties and went downstairs to make breakfast.

Blake and I ate breakfast. And then around 12 we went to our "Christmas dinner/lunch" with the family. It was the only time Blake would be available today. We had a good time, chatting with our parents and exchanging gifts but then Blake had to leave and go to shoot around/pre-game practice.
And I had to go to the clippers facility to work with Madelyn.

Finally it was game time and we drove to the staples center. My family and Blake's were all sitting together behind the clippers bench. A pretty nice view.

Clippers were playing the Warriors, and they started off really good. The game was super close the entire time, until the 4th quarter. Blake got tied up with Bogut, the Warriors Center who was tugging on his jersey. The refs blew their whistles and everyone was on their toes to hear the call.

There was no way it could be on Blake he did absolutely nothing.

The refs called it as a tech on Blake, and I stood up and yelled "ARE YOU SERIOUS!? WHAT THE F*CK" I was pretty angry. They announced that he was being ejected from the game and I lost it. "WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU REFS!?"

I got a few stares from my family members but I was too angry to hold it in. This was the shittiest call I've ever witnessed. And throwing him out of the game was unnecessary.

Blake looked pissed, I could see him balling his fist up and chomping away
at his mouth guard. I was pissed too, the refs were beyond stupid and needed to re-evaluate that dumb call.

I finally stopped yelling and sat down, I grabbed my phone and texted Blake: "That was total bullshit, they're just scared of you. 😘"

He probably didn't grab his phone yet, but I didn't care.

Eventually the horrible ref-run game ended and I had to help Madelyn with some highlight videos.

I got a text from Blake as I was walked out of the office to the parking lot to meet the family outside: "I'll be out soon."

I said goodbye to my parents and Blake's parents & everyone. A few minutes later Blake came out.

"Hi honey, that was just absurd but you played wonderful Blake- you really did." His mother, Gail said as she hugged him. Blake spent a while talking with his folks before they had to leave and so did my parents. We said our goodbyes and got in Blake's car.

I wanted to tell Blake how good he did, and how I felt that call was the worst sh*t ever, but he seemed pissed still.

He let out a deep breath as he started the car.

"You really did do great. Other than those refs being totally stupid, you dominated." I finally piped up.

Blake didn't respond, so I said "Santa must've brought those refs coal."

I finally saw Blake crack a smile.

"Thanks for that text," he smirked at me.

"No problem." I grabbed his hand.

We stopped at a red light and I put my hand behind his neck and brought my face close to his, smiled, and kissed him.

We kept kissing, until a car behind us honked.

"Shit," Blake laughed and drove forward.

When we got home it was time to give him his present.

Blake showered and changed and came downstairs.

"Okay, sit down." I told him.

He did so, and crossed his arms, looking at me. Ugh, he was so sexy I couldn't handle it.

"What the f*ck Blake?" I said laughing.

"What!?" He said.

"You're just so attractive I hate it- well I don't hate it but seriously I'm trying not to attack you." I said.

Blake laughed, "now you understand what I go through baby."

"Oh whatEVER!" I hit his arm.

"ANYWAYS BLAKE, I got you something." I handed him the neatly wrapped gift.

"Baby you shouldn't have. For real." He said.

"I should have and I did." I smirked.

"Open it blake, geez." I laughed.

He opened it and took the top off the leather box to reveal the Rolex.

"Lynn this is nice, whoa." Blake held it up, "merry christmas.." I said.

"How did you know I like leather band watches?" Blake asked.

"Because most of the watched you have are leather bands.." I laughed.

"Oh yeah.." He smirked.

"Now it's my turn. Sit down and close your eyes." He told me. I did as I was told.

"Okay baby put your hand out." I did so, and Blake laid a small box in my hands.

"Can I open my eyes now?" I asked.

"No you gotta unwrap it first," he laughed.

I unwrapped it and opened the box and felt it. It felt like a necklace. I opened my eyes, and it was beautiful. It was a Tiffany & Co. White gold necklace. It was just beautiful. We both got each other jewelry 😂.

"Oh my gosh Blake.." I said.

"Thank you so much baby." I added and went to hug him.

"Oh and I got you this." He threw a pillow at me.

"OH REALLY?" I said and threw it back.

We had a pretty hardcore pillow fight and ended cuddling.

"Thanks Lynn." He softly said, as he played with my hair.

"For what?" I asked.

"Turning my night around. You actually made me have a great Christmas and if it weren't for you I'd still be pissed about that game." He told me.

I smiled and kissed him.

We fell asleep near his fireplace. It was a great Christmas.