4. Date Night

I slowly got out of bed, and started getting for my very last day of training and next monday would be my first official day.

"Good morning Lynn," eric said as i walked into Madelyn's office.

"Good morning." I smiled back.

"Hey! Follow me." Madelyn popped up out of nowhere.

I did was as i was told and followed madelyn down the hall.

"Okay- so we're about to interview Doc. Here's some questions you need to ask." She handed me a notepad as we kept walking.

I hadn't talked to Doc yet, i was really nervous.

We sat down in two chairs and Doc walked in not long afterwards.

The interview went smooth and i stuttered a few times but i couldnt help it, it was DOC RIVERS.

The boys had a really long practice today. A few of em walked past me in the hallway, sweaty and tired.

Blake walked past me and turned around to send me a smile and a wave. Which reminded me of our date tonight and instantly got me excited.

But oh my freaking gosh, i didnt know what i was gonna wear.

It was about 2:30 when madelyn said, "well thats all you've gotta know. I hope you're looking forward to this job."

"Of course. Thank you so much." I told her.

I went home and tried to relax before my date tonight.. Which was impossible. I mean, i was about to go out with BLAKE FREAKING GRIFFIN. Thats kind of a big deal.

I finally picked out a dress, not too fancy, shoes, a purse, and jewelry.

As i was adding my finishing touches to my hair and make up, my door bell rang. He didn't even text me to warn me what time he was coming.. How adventurous lol.

I double checked my self, and walked to the door. Exhaling slowly, i opened the door with a smile.

I was trying my HARDEST, not to let my jaw drop but it did. All the way to the floor. Blake just looked... too good for words. My gosh.

He wasnt wearing anything too fancy either, just a long sleeve black & white shirt, pulled up to the middle of his forearms, a black leather band watch and dark jeans; good lord did he look good.

After a few moments of me staring at him, he smirked at me an said, "are you ready to go?" Adding a little chuckle afterwards.

"Uh- ye- yeah. Yeah im ready." I stuttered so much, i was crazy nervous.

Blake laughed again, as i was locking my front door.

"What?" I asked smiling.

"No, nothing." He kept that smirk on his face. Blake followed me to the passenger side of his car and opened the door for me. What a gentlemen.

"Why thank you," i said and got into the car.

Blake walked around and in those 2.5 seconds of me sitting in his car before he got in, i felt a wave of nervousness come over me and my palms got sweaty. He was just so big, beautiful and charming.

As he got in the car his cologne hit me in the face. It smelled so good though, i didnt care. His cologne mixed with the strong mintiness of the gum he was chewing.

"Might i ask where we're going?"

I said.

"You'll see," blake smirked at me and kept driving.

We drove for about 10 minutes, and as we were turning right down some road, we heard a huge pop noise.

"What was that?" He said.

"Sounded like a tire.." I said.

Blake pulled over and got out of the car.

"Shit..." I heard blake say outside.

I got out and saw him leaning against the car, his hands on top of his head in frustration.

"I ran over a nail." Blake said.

I laughed a little bit, trying to hide it.

Blake broke from his seriousness and let out a laugh too. "Who does that?" Blake added still laughing along.

"You dont have a spare?" I asked.

Blake looked at me, then the car, then back at me. "Nope." He laughed.

Then i realized this mercedes had no room for a spare tire. Duh..

Blake called his car insurance road side assistance guys who said they would show up within the next hour.

"You must cause car troubles or something.." Blake chuckled, reminding me about when my car wouldn't start and he gave me a ride.

"I know, oh my gosh." I laughed.

Blake walked close to me, "but seriously, i wanted this date to be amazing and im sorry."

"Its still amazing, no apology needed." I told him. "Look, the beach is a few blocks away, come on." I grabbed his hand and we started walking down the street.

Once we stepped foot on the sand, i took my heels off. We walked along the shoreline just talking and laughing. Talking about me being from texas, him being from OK, my love for basketball, HIS love for basketball. We just talked about everything.

"Come on," i smirked and walked us to the water. Blake rolled up his jeans and we waded in the ocean, with our fingers locked.

"This was better than what i had planned." Blake said, as we took a seat on the sand, facing the water.

"Whys that?" I asked.

"It was just dinner. This though, this is great." Blake looked me in the eyes.

I hadn't even known Blake for very long yet i felt so connected to him. My eyes were glued to his, as his lips came closer to mine.

Was this really about to happen? Oh my gosh.

Blake smiled, as he got closer to me. Our lips finally touched, and i couldn't help but smirk through the kiss.

I rested my hand behind his neck, as we fell deeper in the kiss.

Blakes phone began to ring, we both let go smiling like crazy. He answered it, "yeah, alright.. we're close. 5 minutes. alright thank you so much." He hung up.

"The car guys?" I asked.

Blake laughed, "the car guys." He dipped back down towards me, laying a small kiss on my forehead. Our fingers interlocked yet again, and we slowly stood up.

I brushed all the sand off my butt and back. Blake put his arm around my waist as we walked back towards where his car was.

-------