CHRISTMAS - OUTPOURING OF GOD'S LOVE

What comes first into your mind when you hear the word Christmas?

Birth of Christ?

Celebration?

Food?

Gifts?

Party?

Reunion?

Vacation?

Whenever Christmas time is coming near, some people become happy, some are sad, and some do not care at all. But most people are so excited about how they're going to celebrate it.

Personally, I know that Christmas is about the birth of Jesus Christ, our Savior. But for several years, I had never become truly excited for reminiscing the time that a Savior is born to save the whole humanity, including me. For nineteen years, all I look forward to Christmas is what would make me happy and what would I be receiving.

For nineteen years, the birth of Jesus Christ had never been the true essence of Christmas for me. It never truly made sense to me until I let Jesus come into my heart.

The first time I truly celebrated Christmas as the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ is three years ago. And now, I was reminded the true essence of this season.

It is quite sad to know that many parents had taught their children to be more excited about the gifts from the so-called Santa Claus, than to reminisce the time that God has given us the best gift of all - JESUS.

It is heartbreaking how some people hates Christmas because they're alone and got no one to celebrate with.

It is disappointing that what matters most to some people is their lovelife.

It is alarming that people are becoming more concerned on the celebration and almost forgetting the Reason to celebrate.

Last Sunday, I had been reminded again that this season is not all about us, but it's all about the love of God. It's all about Him giving His only Son, the Best Gift of all times - JESUS.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in HIm shall not perish but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

It is also the time that Jesus must be lifted up! Most people today do not believe that Jesus is God. They believe that He is just an ordinary person, a man of God, or a prophet. But today, from the Son of Man, we must believe that Jesus is the Son of God and that He is God.

It has been prophesied by Isaiah,

"For to us a Child is born, to us sa Son is given, and the government will be on His shoulders. And He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." (Isaiah 9:6)

And in John 1:14,

"The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us. We have seen His glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."

My friend, are you not having a good time this season? Are you full of worries and fears on what will you face next year? Don't you have enough money to spend this Christmas? Don't you have anyone to celebrate with? Are you afraid that your wish won't come true?

No matter what your problem is, I tell you the truth, there is one reason for us to rejoice. God has given us the best gift of all times - JESUS. This season is not all about us, but it's about the birth of our Savior.

My friend, God loves you so much. Jesus was born for us to have life in Him. He was born because you mean so much to God.

Why are you expecting Santa Claus to come and give you a gift?

My friend, the most expensive Gift is the "Love of the Father," wrapped in the most expensive Gift wrap... JESUS. :) <3

Have a blessed and merry Christmas! ^_^