GOD IS LOVE

I LOVE YOU.

I often hear these words from a lot of people. I've heard it said seriously, sadly, jokingly, desperately, sweetly, and in so many other ways. And even I myself have said it in different ways to different people.

There came a point in my life where I started asking myself if people truly know what love is. Before I accepted Jesus in my life, I myself was really confused with the true meaning of the word LOVE.

All I know about love is so shallow. My knowledge is only based on what I observe from the people around me, what I see on television, what I hear on the radio, what I read in books, and what I have experienced in my entire existence.

Whenever I was asked about love, I could only think of what most people would think.

But today, if I would be asked again what love is, I would answer it in three words: GOD is LOVE.

This is the best way I could think of to describe and define this word.

I have never ever experienced and known a love like God's. I think, no one could ever blame me on loving God above all because He is the only One who has truly loved me... not only me, but all of us. He loved us with an everlasting love.

"For GOD so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." - John 3:16

I know that Christians are very familiar with this verse.

I love the way our pastor explained this verse to us.

He said that God loves us so much. He loves us beyond what we can imagine.

He asked us if we know how much parents love their children. We all know that parents would do anything for their children. They are willing to take all of our afflictions because it breaks their hearts to see us suffering. They always think of the best for us.

Same as our parents, God the Father loves His ONLY Son, Jesus, so much. And being the All-knowing God, who sees the past, the present and the future, He is fully aware of the sufferings that Jesus will suffer on the Cross of Calvary. But because God loves the world (which is us, the whole humanity), He gave His only begotten Son just to save us. Jesus took our sins and died as if He was sinful. But no, He never sinned. We are the reason why He suffered on the Cross. He took the punishment that is really for us, not His.

Just imagine how much more painful it is for God the Father to see what His one and only Son has gone through. But He endured that. He deliberately chose to love us.

God loves us so much that it is He who made way for us to be reconciled back to Him. He Has given His Son, Jesus, to be the Living Sacrifice, the Perfect Lamb of God, without any blemish or sin, the atonement for our sins.

God is so hungry and thirsty for us. We all know that even without us, He is still the Almighty God. But without Him, we are nothing. Just like what Francis Chan said, "The irony is that while God doesn't need us but still wants us, we desperately need God but don't really want Him most of the time."

Our God loves us so much that He wants to have a personal, deep personal, relationship with us. Yes, it is relationship that He offers and not religion. This is authentic Christianity. Christianity is all about loving God, and God loving us.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

"For GOD so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." - John 3:16

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

listen to the song on the right --- "How He Loves Us"

TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY!!!

\(^___^)/

I love YOU, LORD! :*