Chapter 20

Dad and Aunt Molly came over to our little group. "I have to thank you two for all the dresses," I spoke, breaking the silence. Bill was in shock as Fleur spoke with me. 

     "But of course!" Fleur had a heavy French accent that sounded lovely. "Ze dresses ar' belle!" 

     "Beautiful, she means beautiful," Bill finally came out of his stupor. 

     I've only known her for a few minutes and I can tell she's not one for flattering other people. She seems to like herself and Bill. But Aunt Molly seems okay with her so I'll give her a chance. 

     "Harry, what's happening?" said Lupin. I met him a few minutes ago. He was a teacher in Harry's third year and is in the Order of the Phoenix like Aunt Molly and Dad.

     "Voldemort's on his way, they're barricading the school - Snape's run for it - What are you doing here? How did you know?"

     "We sent messages to the rest of Dumbledore's Army," Fred explained. "You couldn't expect everyone to miss the fun, Harry, and the D.A. let the Order of the Phoenix know, and it all kind of snowballed."

     "What first, Harry?" called George. He held my hand and kept rubbing his thumb over the outside of my hand. "What's going on?"

     "They're evacuating the younger kids and everyone's meeting in the Great Hall to get organized," Harry said. "We're fighting." 

    The entire swarm of students and adults surged toward the foot of the stairs that led out of what I learned was the Room of Requirement. Harry was pressed against the wall as they all raced past. 

     It took only a minute or so until our family remained along with Lupin. "You're underage!" Aunt Molly shouted at Ginny. Harry approached our group. "I won't permit it! The boys, yes, but you, you've got to go home!" 

     "I won't! What about Cate?!" 

     Ginny pulled away from Aunt Molly. 

     "I'm in Dumbledore's Army - "

     "A teenagers' gang!"

     "A teenagers' gang that's about to take him on, which no one else has dared to do!" said Fred. 

     "She's sixteen!" shouted Aunt Molly. "She's not old enough! What were you three thinking, bringing her with you! And especially you, Cate! I thought you would be better than that!"

     I stared down at George and I's conjoined hands. Playing with my ring was a way to avoid Aunt Molly's withering gaze. 

     "Mum's right, Ginny," said Bill gently. "You can't do this. Everyone underage will have ot leave, it's only right."

     "I can't go home!" Ginny shouted, angry tears appeared in her eyes. "My whole family's here, I can't stand waiting there alone and not knowing and  - " 

     Gin looked at Harry. He shook his head and she looked betrayed. I left George's side and went to Gin. She pulled away from me and I had to refrain from wincing from the rejection. "Gin, I think it's best for you to stay at home. You'll be safe-"

     "What about you?! What about the possibility of you being - " I clamped a hand over her mouth. 

     "The possibility of being what?" George asked me. I glared at Ginny as she looked at me; her face full of regret. 

     "I'm sorry," she whispered.

     I looked towards George. "We have to talk about something after the battle. But right now it's not pertaining to the matter at hand," I gave him a smile but he was unconvinced.