Chapter 18

It was quite boring at Muriel's house. She disliked me and voiced her thoughts every chance she got. "You're like a fly, you won't go away," she told me constantly. I would stay silent and calm Fred and George down. George was close to leaving with me in tow but the only thing that kept him here was Aunt Molly and Dad's pleading.

      "Catch!" George yelled. I yelped and caught the vase just before it hit the ground. The twins have had loads of fun testing my powers. Especially by throwing breakable things that could be fixed with the flick of a wand. A white cage encased the probably valuable vase that was pink. I hate pink.

      "I'm going to end up throwing this at you one day," I grumbled. It was miserable being here. We had lost track of how many days we had spent here. The only good thing was Potterwatch, a radio show hosted by the twins and I.

      I only handled the technical aspect of the show but the twins have put me on the spot more than once. My code name is Aurora, like the Muggle storybook princess. Apparently because I'm blonde that means the name fits perfectly.

      "Cate, could you come into the kitchen for a minute?" Aunt Molly called from the kitchen. I had been forbidden to go in there all day. George had to bring me food, not that I'm complaining about the service, but he tended to take out some joke products that Fred had placed in there.

      "I'm coming!" I replied back. George took the vase from me and I glared at him. He held his hands up in surrender.

      "I didn't do it," he spoke. I punched his shoulder and in seconds George was upside down. He dangled from white tendrils that were latched onto the ceiling.

      I heard him struggling as I walked into the kitchen. "Surprise!" Yelling came from all around me and I jumped. My breathing began to speed up but a hand clasped mine and helped me breathe through it.

      "I told you this was a bad idea!" George hissed. I squeezed his hand and he held mine in both of his hands.

      "I'm fine," I spoke as a smile broke out on my face. The small kitchen was decorated for a party. Paper-made signs saying Happy Birthday, Cate! were all around me. "It's my birthday?"

      Aunt Molly nodded and came forward. "I couldn't remember it but Arthur did. It's amazing that he did because no one else could," she said with a large smile on her face. "Do you like it? We didn't have a ton of supplies but we made due."

      For the next few hours, we ate vanilla cake filled with a strawberry chocolate filling. It was creamy and something that I had tasted before. "This is one of the few things I remember from your birthday party. Your favorite cake ever; vanilla cake with a strawberry and chocolate filling," Aunt Molly spoke.

      "George and Fred stole my piece at your party," Charlie grumbled. "Only had a bite before they tricked me out of it with a small piece of candy."

      The twins high fived and I nudged George. "I-I mean, that's terrible of us, wasn't it, Fred?" George smirked and laughed. I snorted and turned back to Charlie.

      "Well, now you can have your own piece!" I fake cheered. Charlie laughed and side-hugged me.

      "Thanks, Cate. Thank you for being born and loving this cake," he told me.

      I curtsied and he clapped George on the back. "Keep her or else I will hurt you," Charlie threatened his brother. George only laughed and wrapped his arm around me.

      "Thank you so much, for everything that you've done," I told the entire group in the kitchen. Even Muriel had come into the kitchen and mumbled Happy Birthday  to me before disappearing someplace else.