Chapter 17

I awoke to loud knocking on the bedroom door. George groaned and rolled over in the small bed we shared. "Cate? George? It's time for breakfast and then we're leaving," Aunt Molly's voice sounded through the door.

     "Coming, Aunt Molly," I replied.

     "Would you like some tea or coffee?" Aunt Molly asked. I tried to get out of bed but George's arm held me tight to him.

     "Coffee, please. And also a bucket of ice water to dump on Sleeping Beauty in here!" I spoke the last part into George's ear. He jumped out of bed and I came tumbling with him.

     Laughter was heard outside the door. "You better be clothed because I'm comin' in!" Charlie yelled from the other side of the door. I squealed and scrambled under the covers of the bed George and I shared. All I was wearing was a pair of underwear and one of George's Gryffindor Quidditch shirts.

     The door burst open and then Charlie was standing in the doorway, grinning like a smug little child. George glared at his older brother as he wore only a pair of boxers. "This is really weird," George commented.

     Charlie nodded and looked up at the ceiling. "I thought you would be wearing more clothing," Charlie mumbled, "and Cate always wore a shirt, pants, and undergarments in Romania-" George cut his brother off.

     "Cate was with you IN ROMANIA?!" George yelled. I jumped out of our bed and stepped in between George and Charlie.

     "Charlie, get out," I told the burly redhead. He retreated out into the hallway and closed the door. "I was there because it was safe and Charlie was okay with me being there," I quiety spoke as George was silent.

     "You didn't think to mention this last night when we spoke about what happened while you disappeared?" I flinched as I heard the cold in George's voice.

     I tried to reach for his hand but he pulled it out of my reach. A bolt of pain went through my heart as he pulled away. "George, please, I thought you were okay with me being safe while I was gone?" I whispered. He walked towards the lone window that was opposite the closed door.

     "So whenever I visited Charlie in Romania, you just what? Hid in the woods like a dragon?" I felt helpless as George continued spiting out works that felt like knives slicing through my skin. This was worse than the Cruciatus Curse.

     "George," I tried to cut in. "George?" Still no reply. "GEORGE!"

     He stopped talking and looked at me. "I'm the one who asked Charlie to take me in. I'm the one that decided to stay away. Not because Charlie kept me away," I insisted. George took a deep breath and walked towards me.

     "So you didn't run away with my brother to get away from me?" George asked me. I stopped breathing as he neared me. He still makes my heart go crazy, even after loving him for years.

     "I did run away with Charlie, but not to get away from you. It was to protect you which obviously didn't work as you have hurt yourself many times," I told him. George place his hands on my upper arms as he looking into my eyes. My hear was doing somersaults in my chest as he got closer to my face.

     "Don't leave me again," he whispered, his voice breaking as he pulled me into his chest. I held onto him tightly as my head rested on his bare chest.

     George placed his lips on the top of my head and left them there. "I promise," my voice was barely above a whisper.

     It was silent for a few moments till pounding sounded on the door. "My clothes are in there!" Fred whined. George and I laughed before I quickly changed into a pair of jeans and a maroon flannel.