Chapter 2

Ben rings Liv's doorbell the morning after telling Emily about Liv being pregnant. It was eight in the morning, he wasn't expecting Liv to answer the door right away but to his surprise the door swings open. There Liv stood looking dressed and ready for the day. He couldn't believe it. In all the years he has known her, Liv had never been a morning person. And here she was with her hair done, face glowing and dressed. He was too shocked to notice the surprise on her own face.

"What are you doing here?" Liv asked surprised.

"Um", he had almost forgotten what he was there for, "I brought you some stuff."

She gave him a questioning look.

He started to reveal the contents of the bag he was carrying, "I've got some magazines, a couple sketch books, and baby information books to keep you occupied during your bed rest."

He awkwardly extended the bag to her and in return she awkwardly took it from him, "Thanks. But you know, you really didn't have to do any of this. I have everything I need."

He knew what she was doing. She was trying to shut him out. She always did that. But this time he wasn't going to let her. He couldn't. It was his baby too and he was going to do everything he could to be involved.

He continues to offer his help, "I know, but I want to help out." There was an awkward silence before he added, "I also brought you some food. I wasn't sure what you wanted so I got a little of everything."

And just like that, she was curious. She was hungry, she was always hungry. She held her door open. He stepped in and shut the door behind him. He followed her into the kitchen where he set the bag of food on the countertop. He watched her as she rummaged through the bag. Her eyes lit up with every container of food she took out of the bag. She was too busy deciding what to eat first to notice Ben staring at her.

As he watched her spoon a scoop of fresh fruit into her mouth, he took in the sight of her very pregnant belly and wondered why she lied to him, why she told him that she was pregnant with someone elses baby, and why she is so determined to leave him out of their daughter's life.

"Have some pancakes" she offered him.

Puzzled, he asked, "Pancakes are your favorite, why are you giving it to me?"

She shrugged, "I've been eating healthy for the baby."

This Liv in front of him was different. Much different from the Liv he once knew, she was better. He unknowingly shots her a warm thoughtful smile.

She gave him a look, "What?"conscious of what he could be thinking about

"Nothing" he said simply. "How are you?" he asked seriously

"Pregnant. What about you?" She said sarcastically.

He chuckled. I guess she is the same in some ways, he thought to himself. "I'm okay. But really how are you? Are you feeling better?"

She shrugged and spooned more fruit into her mouth, "Yeah, I'm feeling better." He looked concerned so she wanted to reassure him she was telling the truth, "I promise. Last night was just a false alarm. I'm fine. The baby is fine."

He stared blankly at the countertop, "Our baby" he murmured. She didn't know what to say. "How could you lie to me about this? Why did you tell me my baby was someone elses?" he asked. But he sounded like he was wondering to himself. He didn't sound angry just confused.

4 months ago...

Liv was going to tell him. She just moved to LA. She decided that she was going to tell Ben. She was scared, nervous, and anxious. For moral support she asked Katelynn to be with her when she told him.