Chapter 18: Birthday

It's been a good three weeks since Niall and I found out the incredible news that Sian can no longer be anywhere near us.

That crazy bitch can't attempt to ruin us anymore and it's absolutely incredible.

Today is the day of my 18th birthday. I got just about everyone that I truly care for at my place. Obviously there's my parents and Eleanor. Then we got Niall, Harry, Louis, Liam, and Zayn. And basically the rest of everyone associated with One Direction.

We were all gathered in the living room just having a great chat with one another.

It was then my parents brought in my cake and started to singing 'Happy Birthday'.

Everyone started singing happy birthday to me. It was amazing when the guys started singing, because being that they can sing made it sound a whole lot better.

"Happy Birthday, Victoria. We love you. Now blow out the candles and make a wish." My parents smile at me.

"Gah, what is there to wish for? I have everything I could possibly need. A loving family, an amazing boyfriend, and the most caring friends surrounded by me."

I sat there for a minute with my eyes closed thinking of what I could wish for. Then, I blew out my candles.

"So, what'd you wish for?" Louis asks me, laughing.

"Dummy, I can't tell you." I laugh at him.

"Present time!" Eleanor chirps.

I opened the presents as hurriedly as I could. I have no idea why I did, but I guess it must have been all the excitement in me.

"Sorry I don't have my present for you yet." Niall sighs.

I lean towards him to kiss him on the cheek, "Babe, it's totally fine."

Niall smiles then leans over to kiss me.

"Okay, children, no PDA." My dad chuckles.

I look over to my dad and stick my tongue out at him.

After opening my presents, we all just sat there and talked some more. As we got into our talking, moments later the doorbell rang.

"I'll go get it." I say and rush to the front door.

"Um, a letter for Victoria?" A postman says as I open the door.

I smile and put my hand out to shake the postman's hand, "that's me."

The postman shakes my hand and hands me my letter, "here you go."

"Thank you. Have a wonderful rest of your day." I say as I shut the door.

I look down at the envelope and see it's an actual letter from my real father. I open it up to see what it says.

'Hello, sweetheart. Daddy here writing you this letter. I know today is probably your birthday. So, I wanted to say happy 18th birthday, my love. You've grown so much when I saw you. I wanted to say how sorry I was for the way I acted while you and Niall were over. I shouldn't have acted that way. I guess I only did because I was so happy to see you and have you back in my life. But, I also guess I wasn't much a father for being so damn demanding. I know Niall is a great kid. I hope he's treating you the way you should be treated. I wish I could be there with you right now, but I probably don't deserve to be. I must going now. I hope you're having a wonderful day.

With all my love. Your dad. xx"

I could feel streaks of tears rolling down my cheeks. I quickly whipped them away as I walked back into the living room.

"Who was It-oh my gosh, are you okay?" Niall says as I enter the living room.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I, uh, I just got a birthday letter from my father."

"Oh, what does it say?" My parents ask.

I open the letter back up and read it aloud for everyone to hear me.

Everyone was kind of quiet after that.

-------

The day went on and it was terrific.

It was 8 pm by now, and everyone was on there ways. Heading home or just heading out away from my home.

I said goodbye to everyone as they were leaving and thanked them all for coming. Niall had to leave with the boys, too, since he had to be in the studio for some late recording.

"I really wish I didn't have to leave you tonight." Niall holds my hands and pouts as we're standing at the front door.

"Hey, mate, I'll be waiting out in the car for you, don't take too long." Josh pats Niall on the back and walks out the front door.

"Yeah, I wish you didn't have to go either, but I can see you tomorrow or something." I half smile.

It was birthday and I didn't want Niall to leave me all alone tonight. I couldn't be selfish, though, so I had to let him go.

"So, before I go.." Niall trailed off.

"What?"

"I do actually have your present for you. I just wanted to give it to you privately." Niall smiles.

Niall reaches his hand into his pocket. Out he pulled a small box.

"I know we haven't been a couple for very long, but I just love you so much. You've been in my life for so long, so you're just a part of me." Niall gives out a small speech.

He opens the box and there in it was a ring. I grabbed it out of the box and looked at it. Engraved in it was 'I love you' and the date Niall and I became a couple.

"I-it's a promise ring." Niall let's out.

I smile at him and put the ring on, "I absolutely love it. It's amazing."

I swing my arms around Niall's shoulders and give him a big kiss. Niall puts his hands on my waist and kisses me back. The kiss was slow, but passionate, and filled with a little bit of intimacy. It was something different, well it felt like a different kiss. But it was a good thing.

We were interrupted by a car horn honking. Must've been Josh.

"I have to get going now. I love you, baby girl. And again, happy birthday. I'll text you when I get home." Niall hugs me and kisses me on the top of my head.

"Thank you, and I love you, too, baby." I smile and let Niall leave.

This was one incredible day.

-------

A/N - So, that's it. It's not much of an ender, but at least you guys see how happy Niall and Victoria are together. :)

I will try and get the Epilogue up as soon as I can. Love y'all. ♥

Vote? Comment? Fan?

_Savannah c;