Chapter 10

Hello readers!!

I am back.. I know you all are waiting or next update. This part is not edited so sorry if you find any mistakes.

Here you go...

Enjoy reading!

--------------------------------------------------

"Thud"

Nandini heard loud sound of his door and closed her eyes. Tears made their way. She threw her phone and bag on the bed and went to the balcony.

She sat on the floor hugging her knees and stared crying.
Here Manik sat on his bed running his hand in his hair.
Manik' POV
Nahi muze abhi Nandini ko sambhalna hai.. Muze jana chahiye"
He knew where she must be. He came in living room and heard Nandini's cry. He ran to balcony and saw her completely shattered. She was crying badly. Manik sat beside her and took her in embrace.
Man: Nandu stop crying... shhh... shant ho jao!!
Nan: Mai...mai bohot buri hun na Manik.
Man: Nhi... tum to sabse acchi ho!
Nan: I shouted on you.. You were trying to make me happy and what I did.. I hurt you.. I am sorry Manik.. I am sorry.
She said between her sobs.
Manik cupped her face and wiped her tears with his thumbs and nodded in no.
Man: No Nandu.. Muze bura nhi laga.. Tum shant ho jao..
Manik again took her in a tight hug. This time she calmed a bit. Manik made her sit on the chair and sat beside her.
Man: PANI piogi?
Nandini just nodded. He came back with a glass of water and gave her.
She silently drank it and kept aside.
Nan: Manik I am sorry..
Man: Shhh... Nandu bassss...
He rubbed her back. Nandini kept her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes.
Man: Nandini tum mere sath share kar sakti ho.. do you trust me?
Nandini opened her eyes and looked at him. Their eyes met and she felt an unknown feeling in her heart.
Manik blinked his eyes in assurance and kissed her forehead.
Nandini got up from the chair and stood with the support of railing.
Nan: Manik mai apna birthday celebrate nhi karti.
Man: Kyun Nandu?
Nan: Manik I was about one-year-old when my mom left me. I never saw her. I always saw her in pictures. My dad was an undercover officer. When I grew up my dad told me that mom died in a car accident. And I agreed that. When I started schooling dad sent me to boarding school saying that he has to travel a lot and he cannot take me everywhere. So I joined the boarding school. Dad used to come to meet me once or twice in a year. During holidays I used to go home. Dad used to spend all his time with me. He always looked after me. He never stopped me from anything. He treated me like a princess. He used to call me Princess.

Manik: Hmm.. I know..

Nandini: How? How do you know?

Manik baffled.

Manik: Because you are a princess.

He said with a smile and seeing him smiling Nandini smiled a bit and continued.

Nandini: You know Manik.. He..He is the best father anyone could have. In hostel my all friend's parents used to come on their birthdays. Dad always had some work he so it was not possible for him to visit me but he used to send me gifts, cakes. I was a happy child for others but inside I was craving for love. I was missing my parents. This continued till I passed out 7th grade.
We had our term holidays and I went back home. And dad was not at home. Maid told me that he was out for some work. A month later dad came home. He was a bit tensed. I ran up to him and hugged him tightly. He hugged me back kissing me madly. We spent a lot of time with each other. I felt something different in him. He was extra concerned about me. Whenever we used to go out we used to have security with us which was normal but this time it was too much. My holidays were over and this time dad promised me that he will come to meet me on my birthday. He came to drop me to the school. He met my friends and teachers. Then dad met my hostel warden and finally bided bye to me. I was beyond happy with the thought of celebrating my birthday with dad. My terms started and I got busy in my schedule. Two weeks before my birthday dad called me and told me that he is coming to pick me up to take me home he had asked the principal to give me permission. Poor principal how can she deny after all it was Mr. Vishwa Murthy who asked for it. I packed my stuff and was waiting for dad. Hostel warden came to inform me that dad will be late he called to inform her. I became sad and went back to my room. Next day came up still there were no sign of dad. So I decided to call my dad and went to warden's cabin. I called dad but got no answer in return. Two days later dad called to inform me that he cannot come he got an important work but he will visit me on my birthday. I became very sad but was little happy to meet him on my birthday after so many years.
The next day my warden informed me that dad has sent car to take me home. I was beyond happy. I got ready and took my luggage and moved out of room. The car belonged to my dad only but the driver was new. I didn't bother. Dad's bodyguards loaded my luggage in the car and we sat in the car.
It was a four-hour drive from hostel to home. I was busy with my iPod listening songs. I knew dad's every security person. They were very faithful, always ready pull their guns out if trouble comes in our ways. I asked one of them about dad but got no answer in return. I shook him a little and found him with closed eyes resting on the window. Then I turned to other side and saw the same scene. I shook him a bit he didn't react. Then I realised that we are not going on the same road as always. I asked the driver he said we are going somewhere else to meet my dad. And the car stopped midway. The driver came out. He pulled out his gun and asked me to move out of the car. I denied and tried to wake the guards up.
And realised they all are dead. The driver opened the door and pulled me out of the car. He held my hair very tightly and dragged me with him. I was struggling to get out of his grip. He brought me in a hut and pushed me inside a dark room. I was shouting for help but it was of no use. I was crying badly. No one was there to listen my cries. After two hours the door slammed opened. I was very scared. Two well-built men came and gave me a plate of food and glass of water asked me to have it silently. I denied and asked him to take me to my dad. I tried to escape but he pushed me hard and I fell on the floor. Then he dialed a number while the other man held my hands behind my back. It was paining a lot.
The first man was talking on phone.
" I have a good news for you, your daughter is with me"
" I am warning you for the last time"
" You don't believe me? Listen yourself"
He brought the phone near my mouth and said
" Talk to your bloody dad"
I cried and tried to speak to dad. " Dad please save me dad please... these people are very bad.. Dad save me please "
He snatched the phone away from me and stared speaking, " You heard it right? Now do as I say if you want your daughter alive."
I tried to push them again but they pushed me on the wall and my head hit the wall and I felt unconscious.

Manik went and stood beside Nandini and pressed her palm lightly. Nandini looked at him and continued.

Nandini: When I got my senses back I found myself in hospital. I was puzzled. The last thing I remember was I got in the car to go home. The door of the room opened and a doctor and nurse came inside. They asked me how I am feeling now and checked me. My head was still hurting. It was covered with bandage. Soon my hostel warden came inside and sat beside me. I asked about dad. She told me that while going home our car met an accident and people took me here and informed her. She said she had informed dad he will come to meet me. My happiness had no boundaries. I tried to get up but I could not. Due to medicine I drifted into sleep. Next day I woke up and I was feeling better. Dr said that they will discharge me today. After all the formalities we decide to move back to hostel. My head was still spinning but I managed to walk with help of warden. We reached hostel and she took me to my room. I asked her about dad but said she will talk about it later and asked me take rest. In evening she came to see me if I was awake. She informed me that she received dad's call and he informed her that he will meet me on my birthday. I became upset but a bit happy too. I was excited for my birthday. Only four days were left for my birthday which flew like wind. And the day came it was my Birthday! I was very happy, all my friends wished me at 12 and the warden got cake for me. I celebrated with them half-heartedly. In the morning I woke up early and I was eager to meet dad. My friends arranged a party for me for which I denied but they insisted so we again celebrated. Now it was evening still there were no signs of dad. I was beyond sad. I went and sat in my room hugging mom-dad's frame. I heard a knock on the door I thought its dad. I ran and opened the door. But soon my facial expression changed by seeing warden instead of my dad. She came and sat beside me. She handed me a packet and said that my dad gave this to her. I took it from her and she left.

Nandini stopped... And started crying silently.

Manik: What was in that packet?

Nandini just looked at him and left from balcony.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmm.. Chota update tha.. 

Do you all felt that flashback part boring? Do tell me..

Comment and vote! 

And... and.... and.. Keep Smiling!!