Chapter 1

Location - London

A loud sound of alarm was disturbing someone's sound sleep. The person was searching for phone to put the alarm off but failed and with an irritated face got up. The phone was on the side table which was now lying on the couch in the corner of the room due to projectile motion.

"itni jaldi 7 baj gaye... I just slept before an hour."

While stretching arms the person walked towards the mirror.

"Today is a big day for me. I will start my work and will give my best for it. After all it was my dream to work with Dr. George. He personally selected me as his assistant for his surgery and that's why I am super excited. This is my first surgery and I will give my best"

Suddenly the phone started ringing it was answered within seconds.

Phone conversation

P1: Hello

P2: Good morning Nandini

(Yes the person is Nandini Murthy... sweet bubbly girl... who now has become a responsible doctor)

N: Good morning darling. Why did you call so early? Is there any emergency?

P2: No Nandini I just called you to check whether you are up or not?

N: Ohhh... You were missing me. Accha listen I'll pick you up for breakfast.

P2: Ok Nandini. come soon.

N: See u! bye.

P2: Bye Nandini.

She cut the call and glanced in mirror.

"So Dr. Nandini Murthy get ready for new experience."

She quickly went for a shower. After a good 15 minutes she walked out from washroom to her closet and quickly dressed herself. She came to the dressing table and brushed her long black hair applied little make up grabbed her bag and phone and stepped towards the door. Something stuck to her mind and she came near her bed took the photo frame in her hand.

"Amma Appa I need your blessings. Help me please... Love you both"

She kissed the photo frame and kept it back.

Nandini took her things and came out of the room and locked it. And came towards the lift. She came to parking lot and got into her car. Within few minutes she reached next lane and her car halted in front of an apartment. She pressed the horn to give an indication that she has reached. Nandini was humming a song and was looking outside the window.

A knock on the window broke her trance. She smiled by seeing the person.

P2: Will you please open the door for me?

N: Yup. Nandini opened the door and the person sat on the passenger's seat. Nandini was about to start the car

P2: Wait

N: Ab kya hai Navya?

(Here comes Navya Naveli. Nandini's best friend and colleague, yes of course she is also a doctor. Both Nandini and Navya studied MBBS together. Navya is a scholarship student she got an opportunity to study here. After coming here, she became friends with Nandini and now both are practicing together.)

Navya pulled the seatbelt. "Ha ab chalo"

N: Okay.

And they stopped at nearby cafe had breakfast and headed towards the hospital again.

Nandini was continuously smiling which was noticed by Navya.

Nav: Kya hua Nandini bohot khush lag rahi ho?

N: Ha wo mera sapna tha jo aaj pura hone wala hai. Mai apni practice shuru karungi wo bhi Dr George ke assistance main. I am very happy Navya.

Nav: I am happy for you Nandini.

N: Yes. I will give my best. Waise tum kaha ja rahi ho itni subha? Tumhari to aaj 3 baje ki shift hai na?

Nav: Ha wo.. muze.. muze kaam hai..

She answered hesitantly.

Nandini sensed something fishy but ignored.

Nav: Ha stop the car... muze yahi drop karo. I'll go from here.

Nan: Are you sure?

Nav: Ha Nandu!

Navya got down from the car.

Nav: All the best Nandu.

Nan: Thanks Navya. Bye.

Navya waved her hand and car moved towards the destination.
Although she was on a road which a little far from the town it was loaded with traffic. Since past half an hour they were not moving from the place.
From the crowd she came to know that an accident took place ahead. She came out of car and rushed to the accident spot. From the crowd she reached towards accident spot; a car was crashed by a truck and all the glass was shattered on the road. She looked inside the car and saw someone on driver's seat. He was lying in a pool of blood. His forehead and face was covered with blood. His face was not clearly visible. Nandini rushed towards the driver's seat and opened the door. Her hands were shaking. She looked at him and touched his face. She felt his breathing was low. With the help of people around she took him to her car.
In full speed the car reached the hospital. The person was carried on the stretcher to ICU. Nandini was very scared by looking at his condition. Doctors and nurses were rushing here and there. Nandini was present in the ICU and she was treating him. After almost 2 hours his condition became stable. Nandini was checking him every now and then.
The door of the ICU clicked open and Dr. George came inside.

Nan: Dr. I was on time but I...

Dr: I came to know everything Dr Nandini. I'm proud of you. I just came to check him. How is he now?

Nan: Thank u Dr. His condition is much stable now but he had major blood loss and he is having a deep injury on his head. And few more injuries on his body. We treated and dressed all of them. Now we are waiting for him to get consciousness.

Dr: Okay Dr. Nandini. I want you to concentrate in this right now case rest we will see later. Keep me updated about him.

Nan: Okay Dr. I'll let you know. Did you find any information about him like who is he? His family? Anything?

Dr: No not yet. Officer jack is behind that as soon as he gets any information he will tell us. Now you go and have lunch its too late.

And Dr. George left the room.

Nandini was looking at his condition. He was lying on the bed unconscious. His head was covered with big bandages. His limbs were wrapped in bandages. Needles were dripped in his body. From the past few hours she now observed him carefully. His body was well built. His face was looking very pale. She didn't realise for how long she was looking at him.
A nurse came and asked her to go for lunch as Navya was waiting for her.
Nandini and Navya moved to cafeteria and both settled on the chairs.

Nav: Kya hua Nandu? Itni upset kyun lag rahi ho?

Nandini told her about the accident and his condition.

Even Navya felt sad after listing this.

Nav: Tum chinta mat karo Nandu bhagwaan pr bharosa karo.. use jaldi hi hosh aa jayega.

Nan: Ha navya.. hope so!

Both finished their lunch and went for their respected work.

At 6:00 PM

"Officer Jack has come to meet you Dr. Nandini" Nurse said and Nandini moved to her cabin.

J: Hello Dr. I am working on the accident case.

Nan: Yes, Dr George informed me that. So did you find anything about him?

J: Yes Dr.

Preacap :

He: Why did you get me here? Why didn't u let me die? What do you want?

Nan: Please sit down. You are weak you need rest. Please.