~ part 8 ~of story

PSHCE

I look at the nice empty spaces Infront of me. The chairs all nicely tucked under the clean, white tables. But that won't last for long. That's what you see when you come earlier to lessons.

Suddenly I hear lots of rushing footsteps. Oh no they are coming. I make a run to my favourite seat, but I stop. Avalon has already reached taking her books out, carefully placing them on the table.

She took my seat.

She turns to looks at me and gives me a sly smile.
" could I sit here?"

What should I say? She is still looking at me. Smiling. Should I say yes and let her sit there. Or just tell her to get up and sit somewhere else. I stick to the first one.

" No. No. sit. I don't mind." I smile back, stuttering." I will just sit behind."

She smiles again.

Then the animals have come back to their jungle. All sitting on tables, floors, laughing with each other. I wonder what's so funny that they laugh like that. I mean it's probably like a prank they do.

" omg did you see that epidode of spies!" a girl nearby me squeals to her friend.

I groan.

Really do I have to sit Here? There's so many other spaces and I chose here.

I look deeply inside my pencil case looking for a fine pen. No. No even one pen.
" do you want a pen?"

I look up to see Avalon holding a blue fountain pen. Why is she being nice to me all of a sudden? I don't even know her.

I hesitate.

" you don't need to have it, if you don't want to."

I smile and take it.

During the lesson, I actually got bored not talking to anyone. I mean I'm happy that I have no friends, but I like to talk you know.
I feel a rough feeling on my hand. I look down to see a yellow note.

Hi you wanna hang out? I got free period next.

I look to see who gave the note. Everyone looks bored and some concentrated on the bored.
It can't be any of them. Then I look at carissa, who glares at me. Nope. Certainly not her. And then there's Avalon. Could it be her? I mean I haven't got a note for a long time that says, wanna hang out. It's always....well you know.

Avalon sees me looking at her and giggles. The whole class look at her in confusion and frustration.

" Avalon is something funny?" Mr Albert shouts. " is it about our work on astrology?"

Avalon coughs.
" no sir. I was just...very interested-"

" well if you don't have a valid explanation, then you will have to go to the principles office."

Avalon smiles dissappears.

" it was me. I was joking with her." i say quietly.

Everyone turns their attention to me. Wow I can't believe I said that!

Mr Albert fixes his glasses.

" what do you both have next?"

" free period." me and Avalon say in unison. I look at her and she looks at me.

Mr Albert sends us out.