~ part 19 ~ of story

' hey you coming?'_ asks smiling brightly at me.
I nod, pushing my silky soft hair back.
' I mean if my mum lets me.' I smile.
She looks bewildered and punches me teasingly on the arm.
' of course she will. What the hell zayan! They are literally best friends!'
I look at her straight in the eye. Her grey eyes sparkling into my boring blue.
I shrug. ' how about_?'
' I told her already. She's coming.'
I smile. All of us coming. All three of us. She links arms with me. As we walk we see_. Standing their. Looking upset. She will never tell her true feelings to anyone. Always hides herself from the public. Everyone just sees her as that brave mean girl but deep down she isn't.

My phone beeps. Sandy.

Open the door for me and make sure mum doesn't hear.

Great you come home like at two on a school night. Plus Hafsa's parties last for like 10 hours. It's crazy. Then everyone comes back to school looking so gloom. trust me i know.

walking downstairs, i open the door quietly I tip toe downstairs making sure mum and dad don't wake up.
" what happened to you?" I ask looking from head to toe to sandy.

Her hair was in a mess, her make up was dripping from her face. Her clothes were ripped.

She groans and pushes me away.
" shut up."

She storms upstairs.

" ssh you'll wake up mum and dad." I whisper loudly so she could hear.

Then she stops. She turns around and smirks.
" I will say it's you."

Gulp.

" but it wasn't-"

She leans over. " yeah? But who will she believe more? Me, their lovely, sweet daughter or their dog?"

The first one.

I look down. " please just don't make noise mum has an headache-"

Before I even finish my sentence a evil smug comes across her face and she jumps up and down.

" what you doing?"

" making you in trouble. You should have never messed with me."

And again.

Jump. Jump. Jump.

Sandy takes out my diary from my room and holds it for me to see. The smirk still on her face.

Oh no.

As I run up to her, she jumps louder. Then groans and walks steps come from mums and dads room.
" bye loser." She laughs and throws the diary on the floor, as she enters her room.

" what the hell! Why aren't you sleeping? Didn't you know I had a headache? You make this loud racket! You dirty bag!" She bellows.

Dad comes out now. Looking more angry than mum.
" you are banned from leaving your house except from going school. You understand? Your poor mother is unwell and this is what you do?" He hugs mum. Putting his arm around her.

" she selfish that's what." Mum says to dad through gritted teeth.

Selfish?

" what's all the noise about? I have school tomorrow you know." Sandy comes out off her room yawning.

" ask your sister."

She looks at me. So innocently and glares.
" what is wrong with you?"
" what-" I say shocked. My eyes stinging like I just seen a raw onion.

Then suddenly I turn around to go to my room but a hard pain comes across my face. Mum is standing there.

She slapped me? But it's okay zayan. Your stronger than this. Be strong. Be strong.

Mum smiles.
" sandy darling go to bed . You have school tomorrow." She said hugging sandy.

" okay." She says smirking to me as she leaves.

Then dad goes. It's only me and mum now.

" well you can just stay awake or do your homework. You don't deserve to go sleep." She says disgust in her voice.

" and don't think I won't know that you went to sleep. I know I always know." And with that she leaves.

I walk silently to my room, trying to control my wild yawnings. Then I sit up in my bed and read a book.

I can't go sleep. Mum always knows. Always knows.

I can't break the rules.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone! Hope you guys are enjoying the book! I go on wattpad everyday and it's the best. Love the new books. I read all recommendations from everyone.

Goodbye!
Hasinaxxx