~ chapter 28 ~

Please enjoy this chapter and I'm sorry for not updating!!!

It felt so long. So long feeling beautiful again. And it feels strange. The music is   Blasting, hurting my ears. But everyone is finding it normal. As I take a step into the house everyone freezes and turns to look at me. The music has frozen to. I feel uncomfortable now. 100 eyes just staring at me. I nervously smile. Guess i shouldn't even had come. why am i so stupid? Why am i so stupid?

" go away!"

" you murderer!"

" look at her in that dress? who does she think she is!"

I look for someone. someone, anyone to help me. no one. it wasn't like last time. my throat aches. my mouth aches. my whole body feels stiff, like i'm paralysed on the spot. 

" just leave her alone, will you. you guys don't know the story so stop accusing her." someone says softly at the back. I want to turn around, to see who it is. But i'm to scared. Dan from our year steps forward, i can see the anger in his eyes. 

" then where is she then? where is oeysa?" the anger in his voice scares every part of my bony body. no one answered to that question, not even the mysterious person who defended me at the back. Hearing her name again, makes everything feel so lonely. I don't want to hear her name again. I looked at everyone for the last time, then i ran for my life. pushing everyone that was in my way. i couldn't take it anymore. Again. 

I'm sitting on a cold hill. The night sky dazzling. I loved the sky. Every time I was upset it was their. I could always rely on it. It was my best friend. The night means downtown is lit by the neon lights of the clubs and bars, shinning on the rain-kissed sidewalks. At night you can be anybody and no-one cares who you really are. So in my retro outfit from an era even my mother never knew, I step into the darkness. The stars are somewhere behind the haze of black cloud that is stretched thinly above and the transitory moonlight bleaches the grey-scale world momentarily, and then it is gone. My mind is a blur with possibilities, each more fanciful than the next. But right now I'm going to enjoy the moment. Until...

" you know you can't always run away from your problems and look at the sky," someone laughs. my heart jumps from the shock when i see Carissa. she's wearing a light amber dress, with her brown hair let out.she sits on the hill next to me. why? what?

" why are you-" i stutter uncontrollably, until she finishes it for me.

" here? interesting question." she turns to look at me. Her expression all serious. " look, you can't hide away from everything that happened. I was their to and i know you never killed her by purpose or her family. It was an accident." 

" no it wasn't! it wasn't ! Everything changed when she died. Theirs was no ' us '  anymore Carissa. we all split up. my parents hate me for it. they despise me. they wouldn't even look at me or talk to me. It's like we are not family anymore. It's like i should be the one in the fire, not them." 

" don't say that! you were only angry that oeysa wanted to be your friend because she wanted to over power you, in the beginning. But then she didn't. she truly wanted to be your friend. we were a pack. Me, oeysa and you. we were unstoppable. no one could defeat us."     

" but what about the fire? The match? that's no excuse." 

" you dropped it by accident and you know that."

I remember. I was so angry, I went to make pasta for all of us and I lit the match but I was so angry thinking about what oeysa said, I dropped it on the floor. I tried to put water but it went higher and higher and I couldn't stop it, so I ran without telling anyone. Carissa tried to save oeysa but then oeysa was looking for me and she got trapped and Carissa ran. But oeysa and her family stayed behind. I will never forget that day. 

we are both quite now. Then Carissa speaks. 

" I'm still your friend. your best friend." she clutches my hand tight. I smile at her. She really was my best friend and i will never forget her and....oeysa. " but i have something to say, but please don't get upset."

I give her the look. the one that says 'how can i not get upset if it's something big ' . 

" promise. please promise. " she begs desperately. I got a feeling that I shouldn't feel. It's something bad, isn't. 

" when i got out of the fire the doctors said I had.......I had A disease called Necrotizing fasciitis." 

My heart literally stops. why did this happen? oeysa died and now Carissa. It can't be. My smile fades. 

" I'm sorry." tears fall down my pale cheek. 

" No no please don't cry. you promised not to get upset." she wipes the tears with her warm thumb, comforting me but it doesn't work. 

" It's my fault this time and you know it." 

***********************************************************************************************

Thanks for reading and I'm going to update soon so stay tuned..and everyone has to watch riverdale! It's wicked!!