Lainey - Stronger

Cory kisses me again. I never forgot the taste of his lips. Photographers swarm in all around us taking photo after photo. I can't believe I'm back in his arms. It's as if I never left. Our bodies fall right back into place.

We hold each other for a long time, oblivious to the frenzied reaction of everyone around us. They must be taking thousands of photos, documenting our reunion for eternity.

I hold Cory tight and think about how the time we had apart was so hard but also how it's actually made me a stronger person. I'm finally making decisions on my own instead of leaving my life in the hands of my parents and my coaches and even Cory's.

"Are those tears?" Cory whispers.

"Tears of joy," I whisper back.

"How about we get out of here?"

I laugh and we both look around at the huge crowd staring at us. "I would love to know how you plan to do that."

"Together." Cory grabs my hand and we walk off the course. The media moves to the side so we can make our way through.

"This is amazing. I thought the media hated you?"

"They love me now," as he waves at them.

"Wait," I stop. "We can't do this."

"What do you mean? You changed your mind already?"

"No! I mean, you need to get your gold medal."

"I have you. That's all the gold medal I need."

"That's sweet and insane and why I love you so much. But you need to accept your medal. And then afterward, I need you to do something for me."

"Anything."

"Meet my friends. They're dying to meet you and they're all here for the Games. Can we meet them for dinner and drinks later?"

"Why do I have a feeling this is more than just having dinner and drinks with them?"

"I promised they would have final approval."

"Oh really? And what happens if they don't approve?"

"Then I can't marry you."

Cory laughs. I give him a coy look. 

"You're kidding right?" he asks, serious.

"Let's just say, you should be on your best behavior."

The medal ceremony is packed and I can't stop smiling as the gold medal is placed around Cory's neck. I couldn't be prouder of him. The next best thing to winning your own gold medal is watching the person you love receive one. A hush falls over the crowd as they play The Star-Spangled Banner. I can't help but shed a few tears, along with the rest of the crowd.

After the ceremonies, Cory and I go to our own places and change for an evening of celebrating his victory and our reunion. Expecting a few nice events to attend as an NBC commentator, I brought along an arsenal of gowns and cocktail dresses. I pick my favorite one – a red silky Versace and tall red heels. I can't wait to see Cory's face when he sees me in this dress.