Chapter 4

When Elena finally came to, she was in a strange laboratory. It was completely empty of people. In the corner, there seemed to be fish of all different colors and shapes. Most likely past experiments. She got up off the table in which she had been laying and walked along the counter looking and running her finger along everything.

"I see someone's awake" a man wearing a lab coat said with a smirk. He seemed to be just a little older than Elena. "You are just the cutest little thing when you're sleeping."

Elena remained silent yet held the glare she had been directing towards him.

"Oh don't be like that" he chuckled approaching her. "We don't need feisty. Even though it would add something to this place. Everyone has been all sad and mopey."

"I would be to if I had been kidnapped" she said in a cold tone.

"Don't think of it as being kidnapped" he said placing his clipboard down and walking over to Elena. "Think of it as a forced vacation initiated by someone else."

Elena rolled her eyes. "Why am I here?"

"Because, sweetheart, you are very important to us" he said checking his chipboard for a second before looking back at me with ice blue eyes. "I'm Ian by the way"

Elena didn't trust him and Ian could tell. "Don't be like that. I'm the closest thing you have to a friend in here"

"And where is here?"

"I can't tell you that"

"Some friend"

"Listen sweetheart, the attitude needs to stop. I'm supposed to be in here torturing you to no end to get you to behave but I'm not" Ian said his face becoming veiny and his eyes turning dark.

"Ian, down. Give her to me" A feminine voice says from the door. Elena turns to see a blonde haired woman with a small smirk on her face.

"Delia, she's all yours."

---------

"Let me guess the 'sugar pills' weren't actually sugar?" Elena said as the lady dragged her behind her.

"Smart girl"

"Is the child leash really necessary?" Elena said her voice echoing in the hallway. "Especially when it's made of metal."

Before Elena was allowed to leave the lab, Ian was required to put a metal child leash on her. It went up to her shoulders and looped around her thighs and connected at the chest.

"We can't take any risks"

The woman turned the corner and went through a door labeled "Argument Age 4-8." There were groups of four individual tables put together with kids sitting at them. They were either drawing something or yelling at each other.

"What is this?"

"Argument Ages 4-8" Delia said as she walked through the room of arguing kids before going into a room labeled "Affection Ages 1-3."

"What are you people?" Elena whispered barely audible to herself. Delia turned to look at her before continuing through the room of hugging children.

After going through many rooms they reached a room that was labeled "Ages 18-22."

"Why does this one only have ages?"

"Because, this room is for special, very important specimen" Delia's formed an evil smirk. "This is your room."