Chapter 1

Elena Daniels was a normal teenage girl studying Health Sciences at the local college with her friends. She went to classes when she was supposed to. She rarely ever missed class. She went to work when she was supposed to and always called in when she couldn't make it. Sure she had some tattoos and piercings but the girl respected the rules and the people around her. She didn't always follow the rules but sometimes people make mistakes.

"Elena, administration wants to see you" one of the work study students came in and told her before hurrying out of the room. She groaned. What did she do now?

She made the cross campus walk to the massive administration building to meet almost half of the school population outside of the building.

"What's going on?"

"We've all been called down here" one guys from one of her classes shrugged. "They've been calling names for the past twenty minutes. You go in but I haven't seen anyone come out."

'They probably leave through the back' she thought as another name was called. She leaned against a nearby stone pillar. She looked at the faces closest to her to see none of her friends besides her childhood friend Simon Plummer. She walked up to him as he turned and smiled at her. She'd known him since they were five now she was 20 and he was 19.

"Hey curly" he smiled ruffling her already curly bed head.

"Hey, do you know what's going on?" She asked as he shook his head while shrugging.

"Elena Daniels!" The PA system announced. She froze. Simon gave her a sympathetic smile before giving her a soft push toward the building.

Once inside, she looked around to see the school's president, health and wellness department, paramedics and some people dress in black with navy blue bullet proof vests.

"Elena?" One of Paramedics asked. She nodded her head a wave of nervousness and fear rolling over her. "Don't be worried darling, just follow me." The paramedic lead her down a long white hallway which lead to a small room and inside there was the head nurse injecting something into a young girl.

"What is this?"

"Don't worry Elena, we just need you and some of your classmates to sample these sugar pills to see if they have more impact on elder citizens or the younger generation" he said with a comforting smile as he placed his hand on my shoulder. "This injection is just to make sure there isn't too much sugar in your blood."

She nodded uncertainly before sitting down in front of Mrs. Peters, the head nurse on campus. She rolled the sleeves of her old Beatles shirt up before closing her eyes and letting herself sink into her thoughts.