Five

Andrew:

It's been a week since we brought Jade back to the house. She seems to be doing better but then again she never told anyone that people were hurting her. She still won't tell us who the hell this Derek guy is.

Right now she's upstairs curled up in my bed dreaming soundly. Hopefully. And I'm downstairs talking about other gangs with Wraith, Wolf, and Hash. I don't like using the term hashtag cause I just think it's a weird word. I don't know call me crazy.

"So what are we going to do about this Derek guy? I vote kill him. Make it slow though so he suffers and goes painfully." Wolf said. The rest of them nod their head in agreement.

"For some strange reason I don't think Jade wants anymore blood on her hands. Even though I'm all for killing the prick and never having to worry about him. Jades safe and all is well." I say running a hand through my hair.

"Since when have you cared about anyone else's feelings?" Aaron asked.

"I've always cared. Especially with the people I care most about. Such as you three assholes and the woman upstairs." I smirked and they all rolled their eyes.

"Good to see ya changing brother." Colton speaks up. I rolled my eyes this time.

"I'm not changing. Only for the four of you. But I'm still the same badass who fights and kills like before." I say, then I hear someone clear their throat behind me. I turn around and see Jade in my dark blue sweatshirt and a pair of my smallest basketball shorts.

"Please don't let me interrupt, carry on, Mr. Badass who fights and kills." She says with a smile before she leans against the wall, whilst crossing her arms.

"Look at who's all bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning!" Bradley pipes up. She smiles and walks over to his awaiting arms and hugs him.

"Burr you're cold Jade, why's that?" He asks rubbing her back to cause friction and warmth.

"Maybe it's because I don't have any of my clothes yet. I'm stuck wearing Mr. Badass' clothes. And the air blows right through the baggy parts." She says starring me down. I held my hands up in surrender.

"Don't blame me babe, I could have let you gone nude and then you'd be a whole lot colder." I say and she wrinkles up her face in disgust.

"Hell to the no." She says moving over to hug Colton.

"Fine let's go shopping later. I had your outfit that you came in washed so there's no blood on it. Wanna wear that and we'll go get ya some clothes that fit you?" I asked and she just nods.

"Where's my hug?" I asked after she left Aaron's embrace.

"You hug me all night. That's the only time I'm not cold because I think you're a walking human heater. Seriously." She says walking into the kitchen.

***

So many woman stores, not enough time in the day. Jade had gladly accepted me paying for her new clothes and she didn't hesitate to tell me that she wanted something or what store she wanted to go to next. Let's just say the mall was closing and I couldn't be more happy, or relieved.

"So did you get everything you needed babe?" I asked and she rolled her eyes.

"Yes I did thank you very much. And thank you, for today." She said shyly.

"Not a problem princess, did you have fun?" She just nodded.

"Who's Derek?" I asked as we reached the truck. She froze.

"Nobody that matters. Let's just go home." She says brushing it off. I scoffed.

"It matters Jade. You wanted to kill yourself a week ago and now you say he doesn't matter? I don't think so. Who is he and what did he do to you?" I asked locking the truck again so she couldn't get in. She groaned.

"Andrew," she whined.

"Jade," I mimicked.

"He's just an ex who didn't get the memo. Not a big deal. Now please unlock the truck."

"Obviously he's not just a crazy ex. You wanted to die because of him and your parents. Just tell me." She sighed at my words.

"I just don't want anymore issues. I doubt he'd come around me if I'm with you and the guys 24/7." She explained.

"Jade we won't be there 24/7, it's best for us to just look at the situation and be able to protect you." I said and unlocked the truck finally.

"Listen and listen good, I was delt a shitty hand in life. My parents are drunks who beat me because well they felt like it. And I started dating Derek because at first he was nice and he made me feel safe! But then he turned into my parents. He'd beat me and verbally abuse me like my parents. I've lost count of how many times I've been called a fat cow, worthless, and a waste of oxygen. I believed that! Still do! I had to be 'homeschooled' because the beatings got so bad that i couldn't go to school and my parents wanted to avoid trouble with the school getting suspicious.

I was their slave. I was their punching bag, I was their maid and chef. I was everything bad and not their daughter. That's why I welcomed death Andrew. That's why I wanted it all to end." She let out. Her chest was moving up and down from her heavy breathing.

I felt all sorts of emotions running through me. Anger, sadness, filth, etc. but I did the only thing I knew I could at this point. I pulled her into a hug and she started crying. The sound killed me.

"I'll kill him." I said squeezing her tightly against me.

"It doesn't matter now Andrew. It wouldn't change anything." She said.

"I was s-scared that he would r-rape me a couple times. He came s-so close." She said through sobs. This made me angrier. I couldn't protect her because I was in prison and she didn't tell my guys.

I will end that poor fuckers life.