Chapter Eight

There are those who think that I'm strange
They would box me up and tell me to change
But you hold me close and softly say
That you wouldn't have me any other way 

- Mindy Gledhill, Anchor

***

Zac drove me quietly back home, an Ed Sheeran song playing at the background.

None of us brought up the thing he said a while ago about being in love with someone. I'm already used with Zac always doing these kinds of things anyway. He'll say something really amazing, or something that will eat your heart, and then in the end he'll act like nothing happened.

I looked outside the window, feeling the crisp autumn breeze gently hitting my face. It's probably better not to bring up what happened at Zac's favorite place. He never mentioned who he's talking about at the first place, so what's there to talk about, right? The important thing is he looks so happy talking about being in love.

At least, there's something in his life that he's sure of. Gosh, I envy him. I wish I could also explain to someone how I really feel about him. How he constantly brightens up my day, and yeah, like he said about being in love, he's also starting to become my gravity.

I'm out of touch

I'm out of love

I'll pick you up when you're getting down

And after all these things I've done

I think I love you better now

Suddenly (and awkwardly), Ed Sheeran's voice filled the quiet truck with his lyrics.

Zac coughed beside me, and then he laughed nervously, hitting the next button on his player.

It's her hair and her eyes today

That just simply takes me away

And the feeling that I'm falling further in love

Makes me shiver but in a good way

This time, I cringed.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE SONGS TONIGHT WHY AM I FEELING SO AWKWARD WHAT IS HAPPENING

Zac didn't react, but he looks like he's trying his best not to laugh, probably because of how I look like right now.

Coz' she's all that I see

And she's all that I need

And I'm out of my league once ag—

I pressed the next button, not waiting for the song to end.

Why does it have to be a song that could most likely describe what Zac and I talked about a while ago?

We we're both young when I first saw you

I closed my eyes and the flashback starts

I'm standing th—

I again hit the next button, glaring at Zac.

He's grinning now, his eyes still on the road.

"Really Zac? You're listening to Taylor Swift?"

He shrugged, laughing, "I told you my music library is a mess."

Sat back with the window down