Chapter Four

[Author's Note: I realized that I've been doing long chapters for the last updates. Hahaha. This is my last update before school starts so expect me to post only one chapter in a week for the next days. Huhu. This chapter is dedicated to marasdfghjkl! Thanks for readin my story luv! ♥ - xx Shan]

Out of My League - Stephen Speaks (Chlara cover)

*

"Are you happy, Lily?"

Zac asked me that Friday while we're studying at the library. One thing I've learned about Zac is that he's not really into reading books and stuff, so he's having a hard time constructing reaction papers for the reading assignments Ms. Wolf gives us almost every freakin' day. So we've made a deal that I'd help him with those reading assignments; while in return, he'd teach me Algebra. I believe I'm good at Math before, not until they added the alphabets and shit in it.

"Yes," I said quickly, not giving any second thoughts on the thing that I would answer; because it's true.

I'm happy spending five days every week with them. I like talking about art and anything under the sun with Demi. I'm happy with Spencer's out of this world jokes and that he's like a walking encyclopedia. I'm happy that Brianna's starting to hang out with us at lunch even if Spencer and her are still a bit awkward around each other and her other emo friends look at us like we're taking their queen bee away from them. And of course, I'm happy because Zac... well, Zac is Zac.

"Really?" he asked, lifting his eyes from the book he was reading.

"I'm happy with you..." I don't know why I paused after saying that. I'm probably waiting for his reaction; if he's feeling the same way, or if he thinks it's weird that I'm happy with him.

But instead of looking at me like I'm a crazy person, he smiled. And that's enough.

"... and Spencer, and Demi, and Brianna," I went on.

He nodded, and for the first time, he's speechless.

Crap.

Is that a good speechless? Or a bad one?

"W-why are you asking that anyway?" I asked cautiously.

"I'm just curious."

"How about you, are you guys happy?"

He nodded wildly, "I am really happy with you..."

This time I'm the one who gaped at him. And instead of smiling like he did before, I just stared at him, my jaw slightly opened.

"... and Spencer, and Demi, and Brianna," he went on, sounding like he's forcing himself not to laugh. And then he winked at me.

He. Freakin'. Winked. At. Me.

"S-Saturday," I blurted out. I don't know why I said that word really.

"What's with Saturday," he asked, closing his notebook and putting it at the side. He put his chin under his hand.

I gulped. Crap Olivia. Now you have to think about something related to Saturday—oh yeah right, "Your Dad. I'll help you find your Dad right? We could do some research or something online."

"Are you really sure it will work?"

I glared at him, "Are you being pessimistic now Mr. Taylor?"

He laughed, shaking his head. "No, no, no. Okay. I was just thinking that you're just wasting your time helping me or—"

"Time is never wasted when I'm with you," again, I blurted out. Gosh. I freakin' hate these word vomits. "...and—"

"...Spencer, and Demi, and Brianna," we chorused.