XV. Evergreen Angel

Rebecca kissed back.

"It was a good thing. A great thing, in fact." November smiled. "Now, come Rebecca, let me show you my new favourite place."

"Okay." Rebecca shrugged, following November outside of the palace gates, and into the normal world. The world that wasn't confined by gold and four walls.

"Where are we going?" Rebecca inquired, after two full minutes of silence. November shook her head, until the two arrived at the marketplace.

The place was dead quiet, empty and actually quite beautiful under the soft moonlight.

November stopped in her tracks; the marketplace was her new favourite place.

"Why the markets?" Rebecca asked. "Why not the lake, or the school, or... the treehouse?"

"The markets because it's where I first came in this world, it's where I met Austin and Ken, and it's where we shared our first kiss." November smiled, looking up at the stars.

"Wow, there sure were a lot of memories here." Rebecca sighed, her eyes gazing up at the night.

"And a lot more to come, hopefully." November blushed. "So that's why I want to create a new one now."

The princess stood up.

"Whatcha doing, November?" Rebecca grinned, looking up at the redhead, who was still dressed in her beautiful sapphire dress.

"Making a new memory." November replied. "Rebecca, you've been here in the light and dark, good and bad, happy and unhappy, everything. Every time and every moment we experience makes me fall more and more in love with you."

Rebecca could almost see what was coming next and sighed to herself. 'November...' She thought.

"After all those years, I finally got to see you again and trust me, it was worth the wait." November continued. "So, Rebecca, will you marry me?"

She got down on one knee and laughed. Proposing was always the man's job; and although there was no man in this relationship it was still funny.

Rebecca had froze, November was scared that all of the courage she'd plucked up had been for nothing.

"Yes, November." Rebecca smiled, taking the ring and placing it on her finger. "Duh."

"Thank God, I love you Rebecca." November breathed.

"It's Prince Rex The Fifth to you." Rebecca smirked. "And you really thought I was going to say no?"

"For a split second." November laughed.

"Alright, well, we better head back to the castle before Queen Virginia gets worried." Rebecca chuckled, and the two walked together to the palace.

"Hey mom!" November exclaimed, waving to Virginia, who was laughing with Victoria at the buffet table.

"Yeah?" Virginia smiled.

"I've chosen to marry my prince! Meet Rex the Fifth!" November grinned.

"Nice! But I have to say something, and it's really going to bug you!"

"Oh goodness, what?" November inquired.

"It's REALLY going to peeve you off!"

"What?..." November hesitantly asked again.

"This is just a dream."

"AGH!" November yelled.

"I was kidding. I wanted to see if you'd actually fall for that or not." Virginia laughed. "And goodness me, you did."

"You really thought this was a dream?" Victoria giggled, taking a cherry off her ice cream and putting it into her mouth.

"For a split second." November smirked, repeating her line from earlier.

"Goodness me." Virginia laughed, but then slyly winked at November. "Do you know Rex's REAL name?"

"Rebecca." November ALWAYS let things slip out. Always always always. She was now expecting her mother to scream that it was off with someone's head but she did something else.

Quite the opposite of what November expected. She smiled; a real, genuine smile and happy tears glistening in her eyes.

"I'm glad you know." Virginia told her.

"Why are you not angry about it?" November asked.

"I could tell it was true love. You were willing to sacrifice anything for her and she's sacrificed a lot for you." Virginia grinned.

"Yeah, but there are things that YOU'VE had to sacrifice too, mommy." November remembered.

"How so?"

"I remember, six years ago, when I was fourteen, you told me that you'd always had a dream of becoming a queen who followed the lead of the others." November reminded her.

"I remember that too." Virginia nodded.

"And you then turned the tables and started loving everyone, for me, for your daughter." November grinned. "Mom, there are dreams you had to sacrifice just so I could have mine."

"But I'm perfectly happy, sacrifices or not." Virginia shrugged. "And do you know what month it is?"

"November?" November asked.

"Yes. That's the month your father and I got married." Virginia smiled.

"Wait; my father?"

"Whether you'll believe it or not I used to be married." Virginia explained. "The love of my life died; hence my originally cold heart."

"I had no idea." November gasped. "What day did you marry on?"

"30th."

"Okay, that settles it."

"Settles what?" Virginia inquired.

"Rebecca and I are going to get married on the 30th of November."