II. In Any Lifetime

Virginia's personality,
Comes with a side effect of sting,
But how hard it is to rule as a queen,
Without your beloved king.

Peter, former king, had been just like November. He was always curious about the middle-classed world, the same sunshine in his bright green eyes every time he saw Mother Nature work her magic. He loved every tree, every stone on the pavement - most of all, he loved every person.

Every night, he and the Queen went back and forth about whether it was okay to go out. Virginia screamed, slamming the sturdy, wooden doors and refusing to come out and see his stupid face. However, it always ended the same way - no matter how angry she was, she loved him.

"Fine. Just go." She huffed, the heavy, gloomy rain pouring down from her eyes. Before he opened the door, Virginia sighed. "Wait, just one second." She walked up to him, her tender kiss touching his cheek and sending her love. "Promise me you'll be safe."

Three days passed and he wasn't home. Was he enjoying life more down there? Did he leave her alone? Did he leave her... with this baby?

The middle-classed men had gotten very angry with Peter. As a king he felt guilty flexing his riches, so he went undercover as a middle-classed man. He lived the same life they did, and loved every moment of it. Peter was fulfilled, happy and made friends along the way.

Unfortunately the men didn't take kindly to rich folk, and before Peter had a chance to explain himself, they sent a spear flying straight into his chest.

Virginia heard about the middle-classed men killing her husband. She locked herself back in the same room, but she couldn't come out and see the world light up in his eyes. She couldn't run her hands through his beautiful red locks. He was the sunshine to her rain, and together they'd made a rainbow. But now, everything felt heavy, and gloomy. The town rained for many coming weeks.

She gave birth on a warm, sunny day. For a second, the bright sunshine rose over the horizon and Virginia swore it sent a blessing to her child. 'Peter, thank you for your blessing. I love you more than I could ever tell you. I think I know why it's a sunny day.' The Queen turned to her baby, happy rain emitting from her indigo eyes. "I promise, baby. I'll never let you die like Peter did." Virginia weeped, holding her baby close to her chest. She lowered her voice to a whisper.

"I'm going to call you November, because that's when your daddy and I got married."

The baby smiled and clapped her hands, almost as if she knew what was going on. She opened her big, sweet eyes for the first time; they were bright green, just like her father's. It was all too perfect - this girl was the spitting image of her father.

"But he's not around anymore." Virginia sighed. "When you get to become a big girl, I'm going to tell you that I never got married. I'll leave little hints of him around the house - one day, you'll understand them."

"And I'm so, so sorry if my heart ever turns cold and it storms everyday. It's for Peter." She finished, placing a now asleep November into a cot. Her green eyes were closed, and she was at peace.

"I love you, November."

The rain began to lightly fall from the sky again.

Virginia didn't sleep that night. For the entire twelve hours, her hand was placed on her heart, her eyes glistened and she stared up at the stars. She remembered the time they jokingly found patterns of stars that represented each other.

"That's your constellation, Peter." She whispered, wiping a falling tear from her eyes.

Virginia had always been rude to November. She wished she never looked like Peter; it made everything more difficult. Every time she locked November in her room, it reminded her of herself hiding away from her husband.