XVI. Confessions of a New Lover

The 30th of November finally arrived and November woke up excitedly, anticipating the wedding. She skipped down flights and flights of stairs to the kitchen, and was met by the smiling face of Virginia.

"Excited for the wedding?" Virginia laughed, flipping a pancake in the frying pan. She didn't want the butlers to do too much work in the castle anymore, just basic things such as cleaning.

"You bet I am." November nodded, with a smile. She'd been waiting for this day to come since she was just eleven years old. Excited was an understatement. Ecstatic could maybe just cut it.

"Good, good." Virginia smiled. "And you're going to be the new queen too. Do me proud."

"I will, mom. Don't ever doubt that." November chuckled, opening the fridge and taking out a can of coke. "Rebecca will be a great fellow queen."

"I'm sure of that." Virginia agreed, putting the pancakes onto a fancy, golden plate.

"Why don't you mind Rebecca and I getting married? I mean, for years and years you hated homosexuals." November inquired, curious about her mother's change of mind.

"Once again, force of habit." Virginia explained. "That's just what we as queens were always expected to do. Embrace the tradition of straight marriage, discriminate against gay marriage. But I don't see a difference anymore - love is love."

November smiled warmly at her mother; Virginia was now November's hero because it was possible that Virginia could be executed for accepting gay marriage while she was queen, but she still accepted it anyway.

"I love you, mom. Just thought you should know that." November grinned, starting to eat her pancakes. She was extremely happy that morning.

"Love you too, November." Virginia raised her eyebrows, joining November at the table. "Want to get Victoria in here?"

"Sure." November shrugged.

"Victoria, come in!" Virginia smiled, as the butler scurried in with a flustered look on her face.

"Yes, Virginia?" Victoria had quit calling Virginia 'my queen' or 'your highness', becuase Virginia didn't want those titles anymore. Her name was fine.

"I wanted to invite you to join us for breakfast. Discuss the wedding, maybe." Virginia patted the seat next to her daintily, as Victoria joined.

"Well, November, it's your special day. I won't be there for the wedding for a special reason, but I hope it goes well and I'll see you soon after the wedding." Victoria grinned.

"Why won't you be at the wedding?" November frowned.

"Special reasons." Victoria winked. "You'll find out in time."

"Oh, okay." November rolled her eyes with a smile. "You always find a way to confuse me, Victoria."

Later in the day, the wedding took place and November kept her promise to Victoria even though she wasn't there at the wedding.

"Do you, November Erica Dunne, take Rex The Fifth to be your wedded husband?" The priest asked.

"I do." November winked at Rebecca.

"And do you, Rex The Fifth, take November Dunne to be your wife?" The priest inquired, with a grin.

"I do." Rebecca smiled back at November.

"Rex The Fifth, you may now kiss the bride."

Their  lips collided, and although all of the times they'd kissed were special in some way, this was by far the best kiss, filled with so many emotions.

Relief that they'd actually gotten that far, gotten legally married and nobody could do a thing to split them up.

Happiness, they'd found one another again and all of their hard work to stay together had paid off.

And most importantly, love.

"Now, first, before Queen November makes a speech, we're going to hear a speech from Rex The Fifth's best man. His name is Ken Cisco." The priest smiled.

"Wait...Ken?" November excitedly whispered to Rebecca, tears filling her eyes. The boy had that same old smile November had seen years ago.

"Yes, duh. He's my best friend, he was the one (other than you), who always stuck by my side." Rebecca grinned.

"Ah, where should I start?" Ken smiled. "Maybe from the beginning of the story. Rex and I, we've been friends for our entire life."

Ken paused to grin at Rebecca, who smiled back at him. "There have been hardships, disappointments, others have betrayed us but through every storm we lived to see the sunshine. Together."

Tears began to fill Rebecca's eyes. "Thank you so much Ken, you're amazing." She whispered, wiping the tears that were rapidly spilling down her cheeks.

"Rex, I wish you luck with Princess- soon to be Queen- November. Also, November, you've always been an amazing friend too. I'll never, ever forget you and we will have plenty more memories to come."

After the last sentence Ken said, people began to get confused. November went up to the microphone and decided to add fuel to the fire. If there was a time to confess, it was now.

"Wow. What an honour it is to be standing up here as Queen." November announced into the microphone, smiling at Virginia, who already had tears in her eyes.

"But, I'm not the only Queen here."

Confused whispers spread across the room; "What does she mean, she's not the only queen here?"

"To those of you who supported lesbians, I thank you. To those who hated them, I thank you too. Why? Because you're the people who made us fall in love even more because we were going against the norms." November laughed.

"Welcome to the stage, Queen Rebecca."

The supposed 'King-to-be' took off her tuxedo and under it was a stunning emerald green dress. Virginia and Victoria smiled proudly.

The time to make the real confessions was about to arrive.