IV. Queen's Orders

Redhead Butler trembled as the queen stormed into the room. Attempting to not become the source of her anger, he politely bowed before her. "Q-Queen Virginia." His fear was blatantly obvious; the queen noticed immediately.

"What's happened, Robert? Has November not set the table correctly?" Virginia scowled, adjusting her tiara.

"Um... uh, worse. November; she's gone missing." Redhead stuttered, attempting to back away from Virginia before it sunk in.

There was a long pause. Lightning and thunder was crashing in her eyes, but the sparks fizzled and burned out. Drops of rain were waiting to fall; Virginia sighed, keeping her composure.

"Have you checked the entire palace?"

"Y-Yes, ma'am." He gulped.

"Very well then." Her voice boomed. This girl was far too much like her father. "Get Victoria in here."

The lady appeared within a minute, fiddling with her fingers. Her nerves were more concealed than the butler's. 'Poor, young, vulnerable November. I could never blow her cover... she wants the best, and only the best.' She thought, taking a deep breath and ready to face the queen's wrath.

"Do you know anything about November's disappearance?" Virginia asked, death-glaring Victoria. She looked into Victoria's dark brown eyes and analysed the rest of the dark-skinned woman. 'You know, for one of my butlers, she's actually kind of pretty.'

"No, I've heard it from a few of the butlers, but that's all." Victoria replied, remaining calm despite the rhythm of her heart competing with that of a heavy bass song. Thud. Thud. Thud. She expected that Virginia would see right through her.

"As you're one of my most trusted butlers, I'll take your word for it." The Queen paused, taking the situation into considering before deciding that Victoria was telling the truth. "You may leave."

The female butler let a small sigh of relief escape from her lips; she stayed for a second, sending a respectful nod towards Virginia. "She'll be okay."

"Leave."

Victoria sent one last look towards Virginia, before deciding to obey her orders and leave the room. Small droplets of rain began to fall from the sky; the fall wasn't harsh nor angry. These drops were delicate, gentle - as if falling too hard would ruin the magnificent, bright green nature.

'You should have kept a closer eye on her!' She paced around the room. 'You should have seen that that's why she's been so smartass lately. But great work Virginia. Now, maybe you've lost two.'

She wiped the rainfall from her eyes, and let the clouds sink in. She clicked her fingers again, summoning a large group of butlers into the room in which she was. They all eyed the maroon quilted walls worriedly; the room was growing darker, and Virginia seemed to be losing patience.

Snapping out of her zone-out from the world, she faced the butlers who had entered the room. She wanted her daughter back, and she wanted her daughter back now.

"You lot will be searching for November. Return her to the castle." She paused, setting boundaries for the men who were to go and search. "Unharmed."

Virginia made sure to make that point very clear, sending a glare to all of the butlers surrounding her. A gulp could be heard from Robert, affectionately referred to as 'Redhead Butler'. He knew that he wasn't on Virginia's good side anymore.

All too intimidated to disagree, the army of butlers either nodded or muttered a timid 'yes'. Following the echoes of yeses was Victoria stepping up to Virginia. Remaining unafraid, she looked into Virginia's eyes - she understood that Virginia felt pain, although probably in some messed up way.