~*~Seven~*~

*Annalisa *

“A gang?” Robin asks, his eyebrows rising as he looks between Kade and I after I told him my theory, “Sounds about right. My ol’ man and your ol’ man,” he gives Kade a pointed look, “Me ma said they were in trouble with gangs a lot when they were younger, said they’d paid the ultimate price for it though.”

“The ultimate price, loosing an eleven year old daughter would classify don’t you think.” Kade said, speaking up for the first since we got to the hotel, he was lounging on one of the two twin beds tossing a ball up and down as he laid on his back.

Wait, two beds? “Who’s sleep-”

“Oh come on!” Robin interrupts me. “You’ve slept with Mathis twice already, not like that!” he adds upon seeing mine and Kade’s faces, “Jesus, you teenagers these days, don’t look at me like that Mathis!”

I scoff throwing a pillow at him as he grins at me, “I was intoxicated! Both times.” I defend.

“I’m rather offended at that remark Anna!” Kade calls, the same time Robin laughs out: “Pretty sure there’s some beer in the mini fridge.”

“You,” I point at Robin, “Need a filter between what little of a brain you’ve got,” –That got a laugh out of Kade- “And that mouth of yours. And you,” I turn on Kade, who immediately stops laughing causing Robin to chuckle, “Needed that ego of yours knocked down a bit.” Kade’s jaw drops as Robin out right laughs, “Sorry,” I shrug, not the least but sorry, “Needed to be said,” I walk over to him where he was now propped up leaning back on his elbows, I lean down to his ears. “Nobody likes fighter with an ego ‘Four-Eyes’.” I mock before pulling back.

“You forget where you’re sleeping sweetheart!” Kade calls after me as I walk into the bathroom, turning on the shower and closing the door. 

I lay on my side, taking in the scent of Kade on the sweatshirt he’d leant me, he’d gone outside to take out the rubbish from dinner whilst Robin had a shower.

Turns out Robin liked to sing in the shower, loudly. “You should definitely keep your day job Rob!” I yell, rolling onto my back, as he turns the water off, earning myself a chuckle from him.

“I’ll keep hacking into things!” He promises, figures he’s a hacker, how else would he find out all that information about the other fighters.

“You two are the weirdest people I swear.” I jump slightly at Kade’s amused voice and roll back onto my side looking at the shirtless boy.

“You went down without a shirt on?” I laugh, “Typical.”

Robin laughs at my remark and I chuckle slightly as Kade winks at me, making his way over climbing into the bed behind me, he really wasn’t the good boy everyone thought he was. “Ya’know-”
“Goodnight Robin.” Kade interrupts, his response muffled by something.

“Grumpy.” Robin mutters himself turning out the light sending us into darkness.

“Asshat.”

“Shit head.”

“Shut up.” I interrupt their little bickering, “You guys are almost like an old married couple.” They both laugh at me, “We’ve been called worse.” Robin laughs before we’re sent into silence as well as darkness.

I didn’t like it.

I don’t know how long I lay there, just thinking, it’d been months since I’d been in such silence for sleep and my mind just kept turning and turning. I jump as an arm wraps around my waist, I don’t resist as I get pulled against a chest, Kade burying his nose in the crook of my neck. “I can hear the wheels spinning in that head of yours.” He muses silently in my ear, his breath sending a strange sensation down my spine.