~*~Fourteen~*~

* Kade *

“Mathis,” I look up to the call of my name, watching a copper haired girl walk over to me, her mask crossed over her face as she stands in front of me as I lean against the wall, “Edison wants to speak with you.” She says and I avert my eyes, I’d been going between watching Robin and watching Annalisa. Now, I couldn’t spot either, “Just a tip, don’t retaliate, it’s what they all want. You need to hold your ground.”

She adds before turning around and beckoning me to follow her, her words churning around my head as I wait a few moments before pushing myself off the wall and stalk after her.

Giving the room one last look around for a glimpse of either the black haired man or the blonde haired girl.

He’s ordered a hunt.

Seamus has ordered for the girl to be the hunted.

She’ll be dead by sunrise.

The words from this morning’s conversation echo through my head, it couldn’t be true. I refuse to believe it. They’d told me to make her hate me and then they’d leave her alone.

I’d met Seamus years ago, through Robin and Mark, which meant he was a traitor.

Neither Caius nor James was here, Caius didn’t have as strong of a hold on Devil’s Blood as he thought.

What of the man?

Robin Jones.

Apparently he’s still wanted, needed.

The hunt was tonight. It was barbaric, but a tradition nonetheless. They’d find unchartered forestland, with no known occupants and release the hunted in, threaten them, make them run. And the hunters, the gang, would chase. Seamus was running this event, making me help.

“Do you swear to help capture The Hunted?” Trinity looks down at me coldly, her black hair pulled out of her face. I hadn’t looked at her since she’d help beat up Annalisa.

I cross my arms in front of me and stare at Trinity with the same cold expression, it was oddly satisfying watching her flinch from my gaze. “Yes.”

“Do you swear to not let any old feelings get in the way?” She says immediately after I finished answering the previous question.

“Yes.”

“Very well, Seamus he’s all yours.” Trinity says a few moments later before turning away leaving me standing there on my own with only Seamus for company.

Seamus steps forward, standing near where Trinity had been only moments before. “I’m holding you to this Kaiden.” Seamus warns looking down at me, “This will end a family feud for good.” He continues averting his gaze.

“That’s the thing Seamus,” I interrupt, “What family feud?”

Seamus turns to look at me once more, “The family feud where your father stole my fathers girl. Her name, if I recall correctly was Belle. I believe she was your mother, yes? Not an old feud, but we hold family feuds close to heart and personally, I’m sure after all your time with the De Lamire’s you know that.”

I say no more, just simply nod.

I walk out, it’d been hell three days ago watching them beat Annalisa, I’d stood down for most of it, taking the girls advice by not retaliating, but the second that cry had left Annalisa’s lips the guys had held me back immediately.