12 ~ Competed Attention

IN THE GLADE

You're walking across the green grass in the glade with your machete in your right hand. You look to your right and see three boys arguing among themselves and you walk over to them to see what the fuss is all about.

"Hey, what's going on?" You ask them, pushing them away from each other before they can start an actual fight.

Minho huffs in slight anger and looks at the hand that's on his chest and quickly looks back up at you then at the others, "Thomas keeps saying that your his." He says almost childishly.

"Which is damn right because she is." Thomas crosses his arms and sticks a tongue out at Minho.

You feel Newt taking the hand that you used to move him from Minho and clasps it around his, "Aye, but she's actually really mine." He says and snakes his arm around your waist.

Minho glares at Newt's hand lunges for it but Newt intercepts and raises his fist and your eyes widen in alarm. You take Newt's hand just in time and scream, "STOP, JESUS."

Newt steps backward beside Thomas and you help Minho get up, "You alright?" You ask him, dusting off some dirt on his pants and shirt then you look up at him and you see him staring at you then he walks off towards the Homestead suddenly.

"Look what you did guys, good job." You shake your head then head to the gardens to tend to your fresh lilies that you were growing.

"Look, she despises us already," You hear Thomas scold Newt behind you.

"Hey I was just defending her you klunkhead," You hear a slap and a groan from Thomas and you hold in a laugh, "what did you do for her anyway?" Newt retorts back.

"Why do you care?" He shoots back and you hear another slap.

"What's that for?" You hear Newt again then you hear them wrestle on the ground.

You just shake your head and walk to your lilies.

*

You're off to get some water for your plants and you see Minho sitting down by the corner of the wheelbarrow that contained some food. You walk towards him, empty watering can in hand then ask him what's wrong, "Are you really Thomas's?" He asks quietly and you're about to answer but you hear some hollers from a distance and you turn around to see what's happening.

Newt and Thomas with full of water watering cans is happening, "Hey Y/N! I got some water for you already!" Thomas shouts and Newt steps in front of him.

"He's lying, his can only has klunk written all over it!" He shouts and waves at you with one hand.

"Can one of you come over and give it to me?" You shout back at them, playing with their little game and sit beside Minho and he just looks down to the ground without a sound but scoots over for you to sit.

You watch as the two boys race to you slowly, struggling with the watering cans in one hand then Minho leaves suddenly and comes back with a neat watering can without any spills, "Thanks." You grin and peck his cheek mischievously then wave at the boys and walk back to your lilies just as they arrive.

"Hey, what?" Thomas groans.

"What's going on?" Newt asks.

"Looks like someone got here first, shuckheads." Minho laughs and you hear thumps, groans and rustles behind you and you roll your eyes at them and bend the watering can downwards, water coming out of the spout as you water your lilies in silence.

#

HI THIS IS MY THIRD UPDATE FOR THIS BOOK TODAY SO I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY :D

- Chelsea