6 ~ Valentine's Day

You stroll down the street slowly, not in a hurry to rush to your lonely apartment. The wind blows your hair behind your back, also puffing up your dress making it look like you were wearing an umbrella and you push it down then sneak a glance behind yourself to check if anyone saw that- "Oomph." You hear someone say causing them to drop something that they were holding and you stumble but then a hand clasps around your waist preventing you from falling then you hear a thump on the ground which is probably something the person owned and you look up to thank them.

You meet a pair of concerned brown eyes looking down at you still holding your waist and you shuffle yourself onto your feet embarrassingly, already feeling the heat rushing through your cheeks and you try to cover your face with your hair, "Sorry, my bad." You mumble and you bend down to pick up the book the person dropped.

You didn't notice that he bent down as well and you bump each other's heads causing both of you to fall completely onto the ground, "I'm sorry, let me help you up." The person gets up and pulls out a hand to you and for a second you just stare at it not really believing it then you grip onto it.

He pulls you up, "You alright?" He asks in a surprisingly thick British accent. (Well, duh.)

You nod then bend down this time telling him that you'll get it for him and you hand it back to him, "Here, sorry for bumping into you." You apologize again and you feel your fingers touch his as you give it back making your breath hitch in your chest.

"It's alright, be careful." He nods then starts walking away.

*

1 YEAR LATER

You open your book and flick it to the page where you left off then begin to read again. You sit on a bench near your old apartment just reading a book when you hear someone settle themselves on the bench beside her and you scoot away to give space.

Suddenly, the voice says something but you didn't hear anything since your too concentrated on your book and you look up to ask the person what they said, "I'm sorry, what?" You ask not looking directly at him.

"I asked if you happened to bump into someone a year ago." A familiar voice with that accent asks and you look up quickly to see who it was.

You meet the same brown orbs you saw exactly one year ago. One year ago, on the same date you met this same boy- more like bumped into on Valentine's Day. Yes, cliche much. "Aren't you the one I bumped into and hit heads with? The one with the weird hair." You rub your chin remembering his bed head when they bumped into each other.

He rolls is eyes, "Aren't I memorable?" He chuckles making you giggle which was not normal for you considering your not the giggling type.

"So what's bringing you here around to this gloomy area?" You ask curiously shutting your book then look at him for his answer.

"Hmm..other than visiting some relatives, nothing much." He frowns them shrugs it off then a awkward silence lingered in the air.

"I don't think I got your name back then." He says thankfully cutting off the silence.

"Oh yeah, it's Y/N." You say then wait for him to introduce himself.

"Thomas." He finally says and you ask him about his hobbies and after about an hour you've learned that he plays bass, he acts and that he isn't fond of any social network which doesn't bother you much.

"What about you? What are your hobbies?" He asks shifting his position, facing himself more towards you.

"(insert your hobbies here)." And he nods with a smile that you can't seem to decipher and he abruptly pulls out his phone.

"Oh, it's almost time for dinner-" you both look up at the sky and notice that some stars have already started appearing twinkling above, "-whoa, alright, um, let me take you out for dinner." He suggests and starts getting up, placing his phone back in his pocket.

"Oh no, it's alright." You say politely as possible no matter how much you want to skip away with him to a restaurant.

"No, please let me treat your to dinner." He insists gesturing the restaurant that was only a few blocks away.

You sigh in defeat not actually putting up a fight, "Alright." You agree and you follow him towards the restaurant.

*

You wipe your chin with the napkin the waitress provided then place it back on the table and you stand up with him, ready to go. "Did you have fun?" He asks after he closes the door like he insisted.

You nod and continue walking towards your apartment building, "What was the name of the book you dropped when we first met?" You suddenly blurt out surprising yourself and Thomas as well.

He think for a moment then finally answers, "The Maze Runner." Of course, yes, one of his movies. You thought to yourself.

"One of your movies?" You ask.

"Yep." He confirms and you both stop when you finally reached the front of your apartment building.

"Bye." You say and turn without waiting for a response-

"Wait." He says grabbing your elbow sending tingles up your arm also stopping you from entering the building and you face him and see him with an arm behind his back and now that you've thought about it one hand was always behind his back or hiding behind his other leg the whole time on your small trip to your building.

He pulls out a red rose from behind and hands it you and you carefully take it from him and your fingers brush briefly like when you handed him his book sending shocks if electricity through your body- in a overwhelming way, he leans in and stand there in shock not knowing what to do and you though he would kiss you but his mouth moves to your ear, "Happy Valentines Day, love." His whispers with his accent and he pecks your cheek and walks away, leaves you there dumbfounded.

#

Happy, happy Valentine's Day! 😘

Nighty, night.

- Chelsea