The Mysterious Case of Wilhelm Drake

Chapter 8

“Right man, so we were at the party right, and everyone was booty shakin’- I mean ass just everywhere,” Reggie explained. It was yet another morning where he was riding with his best friend to school, and yet another morning where he couldn’t focus. “So anyway I’m there, getting my grove on you know shakin’ it like my momma told me too.”

“Yeah, that’s probably why she grounded you for two weeks,” Grey murmured taking a particularly sharp turn around the usual corner. He and Reggie both instinctively held on to the strap on the ceiling as they went over the familiar pot hole.

“Minor details, anyway so I’m getting my groove on, showin’ the crackers how it’s done,” Reggie said, rocking in his seat in what could only be explained as dance moves. And then he throws himself against the back of the seat with a look of defeat.

“What,” Grey smirked, “Did someone challenge you to a dance battle? Did you get served Reggie?”

“Ha, Funny man,” Reggie scoffed. “No, book worm Shay showed up, man she on this report like no other.”

“I don’t know, she’s cute man, you might like her,” Grey smiled.

“Nah homie, you see I like to fly solo; play the game by myself you know, can’t have the ladies draggin’ me down,” he smirked.

Grey just rolled his eyes. He loved his friend, but he had the strangest notion that he was a little full of himself. Plus he couldn’t stop thinking of his dream.

“Anyway so she’s in the party with a book in her hand, the girl is wacked, she keeps asking me to leave,” Reggie huffed.

“Isn’t that usually what you want to hear?” Grey smirked.

“Again, funny,” Reggie huffed. “That’s not the kind of alone time I was looking for man. She wants me to sit in a corner and study and some shit like that, it’s crazy man.”

“Ah, poor little you, forced to better academically, because we all know you don’t need it Einstein,” Grey smirked swinging into his parking spot.

He unbuckled his seat belt and grabbing his gym bag out of the car, pulling the keys from the ignition and opening the door.  Throwing his bag over his shoulder he pressed the lock button on the remote and walked toward the school, Reggie falling in step beside him.

“So what did you finally do to get rid of her?” Grey asked, smirking as they walked toward the school. However his mind wasn’t on the conversation, or what had possessed the a girl that walked by to die her hair white and black in a certain pattern that made her resemble that of a skunk, no his mind dwelled elsewhere; into his dreams.

“I don’t know, she left, maybe she saw all this sexiness and realized that she couldn’t handle it,” Reggie grinned.

Grey rolled his eyes, and turned to look at his friend, “Sure, that’s what it was.”