The Mysterious Case of Breaking and Entering

Chapter 6

There was a gush of cold air that whipped into Gray’s face as they sped off.

He had never been on the back of a motorcycle, though most of his fantasies included one in one form or another. He found it odd that he didn’t really care where he and Jasper were going. His arms were wrapped around Jasper’s torso and his helmeted head was going in all different directions as he struggled to focus on one thing at the speed they were going.

If there was ever a stop light from the moment they left Grey’s house to the moment they sped off down the road to were ever Jasper was taking them, he didn’t know. They sped in between cars stealthily and Gray couldn’t help but wonder if Jasper had ever hit anything before. And didn’t you have to be like 21 to have a motorcycle license? He knew it was a least eighteen, and since they were both high school juniors, Grey doubted that he was that equivalent.

Gray was close to voicing these questions, however Jasper pulled his motor cycle to slow stop and Gray frowned as he recognized the building.

“The art gallery, Jasper why are we back here?” Gray asked as he lifted his leg to get of the Ducati.

“This place has been here since 1945, it was a shoe factory at first,” Jasper stated as he walked ahead of him to what Gray realized was the back door. “Then a mattress emporium, a slaughter house, and I think it housed family of sheep at one point.”

“And the point of that would be?” Gray murmured as he followed Jasper toward the door.

Grey felt his eyes pop out of his head as Jasper withdrew from his pocket what looked to be, a lock picking kit.

“That in all those years they failed to get a decent lock, or an alarm system,” he smirked. Gray watched as Jasper kneeled down to be level with the lock and inserted his tools. Gray was in the midst of counting how long it took him trying to gage if he B&E’d often. However as soon as he took a breath to count Jasper stood up, tucked his tools neatly back into his pocket and moved the padlock and chain away from the door. “Ready?”

“You drive a Ducati, have pretty nice clothes and what not; how rich would you say you were?” Gray asked, leaning against the wall.

“Is this another mob question?” Jasper asked perplexed, again as though it were the most puzzling question to ever grace is ears.

“No just curious to know if you have enough in you piggy bank to bail both me and you out of jail,” Gray smiled sweetly.

For the first time Gray heard Jasper laugh. Not just the little chuckles he had at Gray’s expense, but a real down to earth laugh.

“We’re not going to get caught Grayson, trust me,” Jasper smirked.

Gray rolled his eyes, but followed behind Jasper as he threw open the double doors to the art gallery. Jasper reached over and grabbed Gray’s hand in his as though he had done it hundreds of times before. He found it funny yet odd how it felt like that with Jasper, as though they had been together for years.