The Mysterious Case of Strange Behavior

CHAPTER 2

“I’m telling you man, the fight last night was the shit!” Reggie went on, vividly illustrating the battle in the driver’s side of the car, moving his right fist and, the left fist in a punching movement and talking about how he could have taken the guy out faster.

Gray hadn’t watched the fight last night; he hadn’t really done much of anything. He was driving to school with his pre-Calc homework looking like shit and the speech for drama, unread.

“…then the Under Taker came out. He just had to make a big show with his eyes all rolled up in the back of his head, with all that black he need to get out the ring and go find a alley somewhere; the guy is creepy.” He went on excitedly.

Grayson, however, wasn’t listening. His mind was on a person, a person with deep blue eyes the color of the clear sky. The pale blue made even paler by the boys dark lashes. The curious eyes of the boy fixed on him, seemingly looking into his very being and-

“Grayson!” Reggie yelled.

His focus snapped back as he heard the honking horns of the cars around him and saw that he was stopped at a green light. He pressed the gas and continued on.

“What’s up man?” Reggie asked. Gray knew that it was inevitable for this question to be brought up. Did he feel like talking about it? Did he want to? Part of him felt like it would be sort of a betrayal to tell. He felt as though if he told, he would be giving up some of his hold on Jasper being a reality. He felt wrong about the very idea; almost possessive. How he could be possessive over a person he just met?

“Grayson watch out!” Reggie screamed. Hands reached over and jerked the wheel just as he was about to have a collision with another car about to turn. “Dude seriously,” he said once they had settled. “Whatever it is we can work it out. It doesn’t have to end this way,” he stated.

Gray made himself focus on the drive to the school as he pulled his pearl blue Ford Focus into the drive of the school. Pearl blue, it reminded him of eyes that kept coming into the forefront of his mind. No! He couldn’t think about him now!

“Seriously man, we’ve been boys’ for how long? You can tell me anything. However, if it’s about other dudes…stuff, you know I don’t care, but spare me the details,” Reggie muttered. He looked at everything except Gray, this being one of those awkward moments where it was weird to have a ruler straight best friend.

Gray smirked at Reggie, but the truth was he wouldn’t trade his best friend for anything. Still that feeling, that was definitely NOT possessiveness, weighed into him.

“I-I don’t know at the moment Reg, but I’ll tell you as soon as I figure it out,” He sighed, with a turn of the wrist he pulled into a parking spot  in the school lot and shifted the gear to park. “It’s just something has come over me, and I-I just don’t know,” sure he sounded like a blubbering idiot, but he had no idea what else to say. ‘Hey Reg, met this smoking hot guy last night that’s a bit of a creeper; did I mentioning that I want to fuck his lights out and that I’m so possessive that I don’t even want to tell people about him..’ For some reason he couldn’t see that going all too well.