chapter four

• Dedicated to Suzanne Spooks Hitchinson

So as you can see that was my dilemma and still nearly forty weeks on im in the same place no clue who the father is Derek and me are still together Matt is trying his damn blasting hardest to win me back but I think that ship sailed a while back when he decided to cheat on me, christmas was a couple of weeks away and we all decided to have a massive dinner why not we are all like a big family anyways Oli even said he would come along which is great as theres no atmosphere between Sarah and himself anymore.

I was in the kitchen when I felt arms snake around my waist and hands appeared on my bump I turned around it was Matt '' what the hell you doing Matt?'' he smirked ''I just wanted to say hi and touch the bump since Ive hardly had a chance'' I shook my head '' I'm sorry but right here and right now is a big no and instead of presuming it was alright you are wrong '' he pretended to sulk and he moved away '' ok then so what are you dong today?'' I shrugged '' probably go shopping for christmas stuff why?'' he grinned ''I'll take you if you want'' I shook my head '' thanks but its alright Sarah and myself are going '' he turned away and left the kitchen , Sarah came down and headed straight to the fridge for her ritual of milk '' bloody hell sez who you been with ya hairs all over worse than Brians ''urgh tossing and turning all night hows bump this morning no more twinges?'' I shook my head ''nope no more twinges and bumps good oooh your coming with me today to get stuff in for christmas Matt was hassling to take me and I said you were coming with me '' Sarah grinned '' cool what time?'' she asked ''in about two  hours'' '' nice one '' we headed to the garden where we had a tab and chilled for a bit under the winter sun '' wish it would snow'' Sarah said '' huh it can wait '' I replied back laughing we had our usual banter Derek and Jimmy came bounding out to the garden ''good morning girls and how are yas on this bloody freezing morning?' Jimmy asked through chattering teeth Sarah and myself burst out laughing '' too cold for you Jimmy'' I asked him he nodded and grabbed the chair next to Sarah Derek sat as close as he could get to me and rested his head on the bump '' hello young one and how are you this morning '' he said to it this had become his thing lately he would greet the bump and say goodnight to it before we went to sleep I looked at Sarah guiltly who smiled and lipped to not worry, Jimmy was oblivious he was staring into space making smoke rings '' so what you up to today then?'' Derek asked '' well me and Sarah are going shopping for christmas stuff '' he looked at us '' really why you have christmas stuff?'' i grinned '' we are women we want bigger and better aint that right sez'' Sarah looked at me and nodded'' hell yeah we sure do'' she replied Jimmys face lit up '' really well we can sort that'' he said with a cheeky grin we chose to ignore him the dirty sod .

We finally hit the road and made our way to the shops to be honest it was nice getting out the house for a bit and having time to ourselves we grabbed a new christmas tree, decs etc and then headed food shopping we went halves even though when we reached the till we nearly dropped to our knees five hundred pound it all come to, we decided to head for a bite to eat  and found a decent enough restaurant Sarah headed to get drinks while I browsed the menu while she was gone I started to get shots of pain I decided to ignore it I mean I had a couple weeks to go before popping and thought it was maybe because I had done too much today my phone went off I opened the message it was Matt asking if we were alright and to let us know that we had nothing to do when we got home weird I text Derek to let him know we were just having a bite to eat and wouldnt be long he text back saying to take as long as we wanted no kisses or anything I asked him what was up and he just ignored probably busy with the guys I thought Sarah arrived back with the drinks and we ordered our food, it didn't take long to arrive we sa and ate had a laugh and decided to head back we were walking to the car when a pain gripped me causing me to drop to my knees I told Sarah I was alright and we headed home.

Derek was nowhere to be seen Jimmy and Zacky said he walked out after him and Matt had words , I asked what they meant and they shrugged their shoulders so off I went to see Matt, I found him '' what the hell have you said to Derek Matt?'' he just looked at me '' well suzanne I told him I still had feelings for you and always have and that I slept with you'' it took a few minutes for it to register what he said '' you done what you told him we slept together how could you Matt you promised me you wouldn't tell him '' I said to him '' I know I did Suzanne but I couldn't hold it in anymore I had to say how I felt and now Im telling you, I love you always have and always will what I done was the most stupidest thing ever in the world and everyday Ive had to pay for that mistake every day Ive had to watch you and derek grow closer and closer and now with whats happened it is killing me I mean you have a new life growing in you who will be here in a few weeks and I want to be there for you to protect you both Ive always wanted that Suzanne'' I took it what he said then couldnt help but laugh '' well im sorry but I  think its a bit late for all this Matt you had a bit of time to say all this well before me and Derek got together but no you did not and now you see me finally happy you wanna break what I have and as for protecting me and the baby that will never happen and yeah theres a few weeks till it comesbut still'' I was beginning to turn my back on Matt when he grabbed me and pulled me close he lifted my chin in his left hand and gently kissed me I pushed him away and was about to have a go when another pain ripped through me I was down on all fours waiting for it to pass it did Matt helped me back up '' you ok '' he asked me  ''uhuh just normal pains Ive done too much'' I thanked him for helping me and made my way back to the kitchen when I noticed something was happening I shouted on Sarah and she came through '' whats up si....'' I looked at her '' Ive wet myself'' she smiled '' erm nope sis your waters have broke you had pains?'' I nodded as she helped me sit down she asked me how often I was about to answer when another pain gripped me this is the second one since I spoke to Matt and that was eight minutes ago'' Sarah grabbed the phone and rang the labour ward and explained to them they told her to bring me down and get checked over she left me at the table panting while she grabbed my hospital bag and notes she ignored the guys asking what was up and helped me down to the car, we got to the hospital ten minutes later where we were shown into a small room and waited for the midwife to come back '' Hi Suzanne my names eileen Im just going to strap theses two monitors to you one for the babys heartbeat and the other to monitor the contractions now I need to check to see if your dilating alright'' I nodded and she proceeded '' right then suzanne you are 7 cm dilated shouldnt be too long before babys here ''

I looked at Sarah she grabbed her phone and text Derek to let him know even though Matt said what he did Derek said he would be there as soon as he could , we sat and listened to music for a while when I was crippled by another contraction and then I had the urge to push Sarah rang for the midwife who came in and checked '' okay Suzanne on the next contraction push till I tell you to stop '' I did as she asked ''thats it ok stop'' I had to wait for the next wave to hit me it did this went on for another hour in the end I turned round and said I couldnt do it I was too tired the midwife got a doctor in who checked me and said they would have to do a small cut to help baby on its way they asked me if I knew what sex baby was I said no I had another contraction and pushed again still nothing happened I was worried that baby was starting to get stressed the room door opened and Derek walked in he headed straight over and grabbed my hand ''hey I thought I missed it'' I shook my head '' nope been like this for and hour and odd now and still nothing'' I gripped his hand as another stronger contraction raged through my body Sarah was at my otherside encouraging me Derek just stared '' Ok Suzanne we are turning bbay round as its facing down over it might hurt a little '' I nodded and the doctor got on with it I felt another contraction and pushed this time it was easier '' thats it suzanne one big push right down into your bottom '' I did what I was told the pain was excrutiating I griped harder on both Sarah and Dereks hands till it was over we heard a samll sniffle then a loud cry the umbilical cord was cut and baby lifted straight on to my chest '' well done Suzanne its a little boy '' the midwife said to me they gave me an injection to deliver the placenta and weighed the baby ''eight pound and six ounces'' I smiled  Derek just stared at him , Sarah took a few pics and I was passed the baby '' you have a name for him?'' I looked at Derek '' what shall he be called'' he looked at me '' how about Corey Chase ?'' I looked at him I suppose I said so there it was.

Later that night it dawned on me who my babys father was when I was feeding him his eyes were his fathers colour he had the same shaped mouth and hair colour , the doctor had also told me he was full term and three days over due that meant one thing the baby was not Matts he was Derek I text Sarah to let her know she replied back with get in, even though thats what I thought I told Derek and he said not being nasty or anything about it that he would be willing to do a DNA test as did Matt the doctor said he could do it the following day if they both come in and they did the swabs were taking from all three and the results would be available a few days later.

I was inundated with visitors to be honest I couldnt wait to get home I missed it loads plus christmas needed sorted I couldnt rely on the guys helping Sarah as they would just sit on the xbox, Sarah popped in later that day with a few things for Corey I say a few she spoilt him rotten I was worried about the results we sat and talked about it atleast I had someone to talk too., the midwife nipped round to check my cut and said that it was alright and that I could go home tomorrow I couldnt wait I gave Corey a bath and fed him and settled him in the hospital crib.

The morning finally arrived little man had woken several times for a feed during the night he didnt cry much just the odd wimper when he was hungry, the doctor came around and checked me over and also handed me the test results I looked at them and burst out crying I was right Derek is Coreys dad , I did not know until a few days later Matt had actually used protection he just said he didnt to try and get me back thinking the baby was his I cant believe he would do that now me and Derek are trying to work at a relationship that was once solid as a rock thanks to the mistake myself and Matt had made.