The Wolves in the Woods Rewrite of Chapter 24- Lost in Love.

Okay guys I didn't really like how I wrote the original chapter 24 so I decided to rewrite it and I like it soooooo much more now. 

I am keeping the original up so that fans can compare and comment on which they like better. 

Vote Comment and fan!!!

Seth looked down at me emotions splashed across his face. He stared me for several moments long and hard almost as if he could see straight into me.

“Are you sure you want to know the answer to that?” He asked his voice low, like a whisper on the wind.

“If I didn’t want to know then I wouldn’t have asked.” I said with a small smile, hiding my nervousness.

Seth chuckled deep in his chest where I could feel the vibrations roll along my body. “No I guess not.” But his chuckles were short lived when we looked away from me and said, “I’m just scared that the answer will run you further away from me than where we started.”

“Hey,” I said adjusting myself on his lap so I could look directly into his face. “I know that there is something between us, something that I don’t understand fully, but I know enough that whatever you are going to tell me will not send me running. I am so tiered of running Seth; I just want to stay here, with you.” And I really did, I felt like I had something worth living for here. “I know I still have my problems with werewolves, but because of you I see a whole new side of them that I didn’t even know existed. Whatever you tell me I can take it, because you are the one who gave me purpose and I will never run from you.”

I felt as if I was overfilling with emotion, emotion for Seth. My heart was swelling and tears began to fill me eyes. I did the one thing that I could; I leaned in and kissed him. At first it was just a light brush of my lips against his, Seth seemed to be frozen with shock but soon began to kiss me back. It was everything I thought kissing Seth would be, it was beautiful and full of passion and..love. It made me feel like I was on top of the world and I knew from this day on that Seth was mine as I was his.

Almost too soon we broke the kiss, both breathing heavily. 

“Now that I have made it clear that I am going nowhere, what is a mate?” I said my voice coming out low and husky.

“Well,” Seth started and smile creeping onto his face, “it’s not like in the movies or in books. It’s not an instant connection that we have no choice about. Basically it’s our wolves tell us whenever we come across someone who they think would make an acceptable mate. Someone to give them strong healthy pups, and his worthy of whatever position the wolf holds in the Pack. But just because our wolves approve doesn’t mean that the human half has too, they have to been in harmony with each other.”

“Well finally I was beginning to wonder if the wolves were the ones running everything and not the man.” I said in a joking seriousness. 

“No fear love, the beast is always lurking close by.” He said with a teasing growl, “But as I was saying, both human and wolf have to be in agreement about their mate. But for many their wolves do not pick more than a very small handful in their youthful years so when their wolves do find someone they like the human is usually in quick agreement. It’s where the name of our partner comes from. Mate is short for soulmate, which is what many refer to each other as.” Sometime in his explanation we shifted us so we were now laying down on the bed, his flat on his back and me half laying across him with my head on his shoulder and leg hooked over his. Seth had his arms wrapped tightly around my body, holding me close to his.