The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 1-Welcome to Hell

Chapter 1 Welcome to Hell

Hey guys this is chapter 1!

I kinda started writing this on the spot so i dont really know where this is going..if u guys have any ideas let me know..who knows maybe ill like them and add it to the story!  

I dropped down to the ground wincing when my bruised and scrapped hip, from when I tripped, met the hard cold dirt. I scolded myself for my stupidity; this is no one’s fault but my own. All I ever had to do was keep quiet and stay safe, but no I couldn’t even do that. I just had to butt in, defend the innocent, and insult those who I was supposed to be laying low around. I just had go and run my big fat mouth, piss off those with little anger control, and end up in a stupid possibly deadly situation much like this; me running for my life and them chasing after me out for blood; smart Casee real smart. 

            I gave one last effort to get up, to try to get away, but it was no use. My body screamed in agony to stay still, to not move my torn muscles until they healed. It was begging me to just stay still and give myself time to repair the damage I inflicted upon it. I slumped back down to the ground again, it was no use and I didn’t have the time to heal.  

            I could sense a presence close behind me. I never heard any footsteps. No, they rarely made a sound; the tree was either an accident or deliberate to scare me more than I already was, and I wasn’t even sure that was possible.

            A shadow began to fall across my body and thinning slowly getting longer, as the setting sun was at its back, as it made its way to me. This is it. I closed my eyes and tried to mentally ready myself for my own death.  I thought back over my life, that’s what you do when you’re about to die right? I thought about the family I had, about my beautiful mother who would make cookies ever Saturday and sneak me one before dinner. About my Dad, who would rub my back until I fell asleep at night.But even that wasn't true, just the one good dream I had ever had in my life. About all the homes later in life, mostly abandon that I had broken into, all the people, all the disappointment. I thought about all the running, the hiding, and the trouble I constantly got into. Now that I looked back and thought about it, my life was crap. I never had friends, didn’t have any family, and all I did was piss people off then run away from it. Maybe the world would be a better place without someone like me here on it.

            I opened my eyes ready to meet my fate; all I prayed for is that it was quick. The shadow was stretched out in front of me like my own personal portal to hell. It was still like a picture frozen in time. Then a voice, one like none other, spoke; sounding almost as if it came from every direction, surrounding me in its huskiness. “Do you know how lucky you are that I found you and not Bruce?” He asked me, the question sounding like a missile fire straight into my soul, searching for the answer.     

            I couldn’t move, couldn’t think. I heard him move this time, walking around to my front to face me, making scuffing noise against the dirt with his feet. I was lucky? I thought to myself at last. Why, because he would give me a quick death, unlike Bruce who would carry it out as long as possible? I guess I would call that luck, a quick death was much more then I could ask for.

            He stopped in front of me and crouched down closer to my level. I finally laid eyes on that man who was about to kill me. I guess if I had one beautiful thing I wanted to see before I died it could be him. With shaggy milk chocolate brown hair that he flipped out of his grey eyes that seemed to look straight through me. His face was look as if as artist hard sculpted him out of clay, making a perfect masterpiece, he as beautiful without a doubt. My own personal Angel of Death.

            “You know I have to take you back don’t you?” He told me reaching out a hand towards my face. His hands were gentle against my cheek, rough with calluses from hard work. Tingles shot across my skin, following his fingertips.

            I didn’t respond. He was one of Them and I hated him for that fact alone, him taking me back only added to that hatred. I tried moving my legs to see if they have healed enough yet to get back up, but there was no way I was going to be heal enough with the little strength reserves I had. I needed to get hydrated, all that running took a lot out of me, and I haven’t eaten since this morning. I was mentally and physically exhausted, without a good night’s sleep, and some food my body would only continue to heal at a normal human pace not wanting to sacrifice the little strength I had to stay concuss.

            “I’m sorry this is going to hurt,” He said moving closer to me to pick me up “ but there’s no way we can let you go. You just know too much.” He scooped me up in his strong arms. I bit my lip to swallow the scream pulsing in my throat. Once again my torn muscle and tendons begged me to stay still. The whole time as we started walking back the way we had came he murmured soft sorry, and cooed words of comfort in my ear. Eventually the pain began to subside as he tried to keep me as still has possible.

            “You’re fast by the way. Not many …people can out run me, even if I’m only on two legs.” I felt him bury his face in my hair breathing in deeply. “You don’t smell like one of us, so what are you? No human can run that fast, but no Super of any species takes this kind of damage after a run like that. I’d say most of the muscles in your legs are all torn if not a few completely severed but they’re healing already, slowly but faster than a human.” I looked up to meet his eyes, those strange grey eyes, so full of concern and worry and last of all confusion. They looked so genuine no one would every guess that behind them was a monster waiting for the perfect time to strike. He wanted to know what I was? Well too damn bad. I spent the last two years of my life hiding what I was not only from them but from everyone. There was no way in Hell or Heaven that I was just going to tell them. Yes they caught me after all these years of running from their kind but that doesn’t mean that all my fight is gone. They’re going to have to kill me to get anything more out of me then they already know.

            “So what are you?” He asked again.

            I glared at him my eyes narrowing to slits. “You want to know what I am?” I asked. He nodded looking hopeful. Idiot. “I’m your worse nightmare, and may I say welcome to Hell.”

            He looked almost taken aback but covered it quickly and actually smirked at me. “I wouldn’t expect anything less from the girl that put Bruce in his place.”

            I could feel myself fading fast, my bodies need to rest and recover over powering my need to stay awake and aware of everything that was going on around me. My eyes began to droop close but I fought to pry them open, but my adrenalin high was crashing fast. I took one last look at his face before I allowed my eyes to close. He really was beautiful.

            “Sleep,” I heard him say. “Let your body rest and heal I’ll take care of you.” My brain started shutting down pulling me into the heavy darkness that promised numbness from the pain that still shot through me with every little movement. “I’ll never leave you, I swear.” It was a whisper, and if I hadn’t been so close I would never had heard it. Leave me? Why wouldn’t he want to leave me? But there was no time to finish the thought before that heavenly blackness completely pulled me under it dark abbess of nothingness.