The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 28- I'm Here

Here is another chapter!!!! Only a few more left until the end :( But have no worries I will be writing a sequil but not right away. I want to have a chance to edit this and then possible have it published first. 

Hope you all like this chapter! 

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN 

THIS IS NOT EDITED! 

Over time the room had lapsed into silence. In the first hours the females tried to keep a stream of conversation going, if only to keep the children calm. But even that didn’t last long. The kids, even the young ones, weren’t stupid. They knew something bad was going on.

                        Eventually everyone stayed quiet, wrapped in their individual thoughts.

                        An hour passed.

                        The silence still flooded the room.

                        Another hour.

                        Hardly anyone has moved an inch as the clock on the wall continues to pass the time.

                        More and more time passes and I begin to worry.

                        Has something happened? I wonder to myself, before pushing the thought away. I couldn’t think like that now. I had to stay strong for Seth.

                        But it was so hard to stay strong here! Protected from even things that go bump in the night, when Seth is out there facing the threat head on.

                        I couldn’t help myself; I had to ask him what was happening, before I lost my mind sitting here.

                        Seth? I called out gently with my mind.

                        Casee, what is it baby? Is something wrong? He asked and I could feel his worry flow through the bond.

                        No nothing’s wrong. It’s the opposite. We have been sitting here for hours and from what I have heard nothing is happening. Father must have something else up his sleeve. Why else would he make us wait?

                        I know it’s beginning to worry me as well. We have been in position and waiting but I cannot sense them. Not a sound or scent of them. I checked in with Father earlier and he relayed the same thing. Not a hide or hair of any of them. Seth said sounded frustrated.

                        Something doesn’t feel right. I told him. 

                        I know, but stay inside-wait! There’s a scent and it’s not one of ours. Casee their here. I have to go! I love you. Seth said abruptly cutting off our connection. I didn’t say anything else, letting him concentrate on the enemy instead.

                        I opened my eyes, not even realizing that I had closed them, and saw several of the women looking at me.