The Wolves in the Woods Chapter 27- Back before you know it

I am finally back! I know it has been forever but I have been held up with school and I was in my school play so that took up a lot of my time. But now I am on a 2 week vacation and the play is over with so I will be writing a lot more. 

Only a few more chapters until the end! I will be writing a sequil but it won't be for a long while because my first priority is to publish this book then move to work on the sequil.

 NOT EDITED! 

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN 

The house was in an organized panic. Men and women rushed this way and that preparing for the attack that was approaching faster than we ever thought. Seth grabbed my hand rushing us down the hallway. Somehow the pack member’s we passed were able to bow and still show their respect all the while still running about gathering various items.

After several twist and turns the walls turned familiar and in no time we stood in front of the door that had belonged to what was my room. The vault like door was opened wide and I could already see around a dozen or so females and children already inside. Once the battle began the door would be locked from the inside to ensure that the any member not able to protect themselves would be safe until the Pack notified them that the threat had passed. 

There was only one reason that Seth would bring me here now.

“Oh no. No way in hell am I going to sit back behind the wolf prove door and let you fight this battle for me!” I said angrily, turning to face him. “That Pack used and tortured me from my first breath! I deserve to see them fall! I deserve to see my father finally pay for all that he took from me!” By the time I was done I was seething. He wouldn’t dare try to take this from me.

“You’re the one they want Casee. If you think for one moment that I am just going to set you out there for them on a silver platter, then you thought wrong!” Seth said his eyes getting flecks of gold among the gray as his wolf surfaced. He gripped my shoulders and pulled me close so that there was only inches’ separating us. “Don’t you see that if you’re out there fighting, the first chance they get to grab you and run, they will take! If you’re in the Saferoom they won’t have that chance.”

“I just won’t give them the chance then. I am not hiding in that room Seth.” I said putting my foot down on the matter.

“Well if you won’t listen to reason then listen to this. If you are out there fighting with us then there is no way I will be able to concentrate on the fight itself. Your safety is my number one priority and I will be constantly distracted.” I was silent for a moment letting his words sink in. No matter how I twisted them in my head it came out the same. He was right. My being there would be a huge distraction for him. A distraction that could get him killed.

“Okay,” I said in a small voice closing my eyes and willing away the images that flashed in my mind of him dead. “I’ll stay here. But the minute that you get the all clear I’m coming out.” I opened my eyes and looked into his that shown brightly with relief.

“Thank you.” He said pulling me in close and wrapping his arms around me tightly.

We held each other for a few more short moments until Seth finally pressed his lips against my forehead and stepped away from me.

“It won’t be long, with your inside info we will be able to take them out without a hitch. You’ll hardly know I was gone.” He said tracing his fingertips down the side of my face. His touch was as light as a feather.