Chapter 6

Milley was still in shock that I could speak two different languages. 

"How long have you been able to speak English?" Milley asked as she walked closer to me.

 "Over 3 months" I simply stated.

"Where are you from?" Dash asked.

"Here I'll show you," I said as I ran to the monkey-bars.

"Dani, what are going to do?" Jazz asked scared as to what I about to do.

I grabbed a bar and I started to swing and flip from bar to bar. I dropped down to do flips and front/back handsprings.

"Where did you learn to do all that?" Milley asked amazed.

"I grew up in the circus," I said "Haly's circus to be exact."

"What? Were you like the opening act." Dash said smugly.

"Actually, my family and I were the finales," I told him sassily as I put my hands on my hips.

Jazz grabbed my hand and dragged me away from Dash. I grabbed Milley hand and she quickly followed behind us.

"Where do you think you're going," Dash yelled "no one walks away from me!" 

"Well, Dani and I have to go eat lunch," Jazz told him as we continued to walk away.

"Can Milley come and eat lunch with us?" I asked Jazz while looking at Milley, who was smiling. "We have to ask mama" Jazz replied. 

We walked over to where mom was and ate lunch with Milley. Milley and I talked and talked about each other and a bunch of random things too. I learned that she like technology, she's an only child, and going to the same school next year.

"Are you going to Casper Elementary?" I asked and she nodded. "I'm going there too!"

"Maybe we will have the same class." Milley said excited.

- - - - Time Skip - - - - After Lunch - - - -

Jazz, Milley, and I ran to the playground again and this time we play astronauts. Jazz was the leader of us, we had a lot. I was pretending to be chased by an alien when I ran into Dash, he looked at me and push me backwards.

"Watch where you're going, circus freak" Dash told me.

"Sorry," I said "I was playing a game with Jazz and Milley, and I-" 

"Yeah sure, then where are they at" Dash said cutting me off.

'Yeah where did they go, they were suppose to help me with the 'alien'' I thought to myself. 'Great I'm alone with him.'

"How about you show me some more of those moves, you little freak" Dash said smugly.

"Well I have to go and find Jazz, sorry," I said as I turned around and ran off the other way.

I ran back to mom and gave her a really big hug and started to cry. Mom looked at me confused but hugged me back. I buried my face into her chest and cried even harder. Mom started rubbing my back to calm me down, but it didn't help.

"What's wrong, sweetie?" Mom asked looking down at me.

"A b-boy named D-Dash was b-being mean"  I replied still crying.

"What did he do? Did he hurt you?" Mom asked looking me up down and sighed seeing I was fine. She started looking for Jazz "where's Jazz or your friend Milley?"

"I don't know, we were playing astronaut and I was being chased by an alien and they were suppose to help me." I told mom.

"Ok, let's go find Jazz or Milley." Mom said heading to the playground.

We went around the playground looking for Jazz or Milley. Dash managed to find me. 'Oh great. Just great' I thought to myself. I grabbed mom's hand gripped it tightly. She looked at me confused and I nodded in the direction of Dash.

"Is that, that boy?" Mom asked worriedly and I nodded.

I spotted a little red head and I let go of mom's hand and ran toward the red head. "Dani!? Where are you going, sweetie!?" Mom yelled as I ran to the girl.

I didn't answer and continued run to the little girl. When I made it to the girl I gave her a big hug and said "Dani, Jazz it's time to head home, dad just called and said 'he needs help in the lab'" mom said as she walked up to us putting her phone back into her pocket.

"Where's Milley, I want to say bye to her." I said as I stopped hugging Jazz.

"I thought she was with you, Dani" Jazz told me as she looked for Milley. 

I looked around to see if I could find Milley, but I spotted Dash walking over to us. I quickly grabbed Jazz's hand and pulled her down so that I could  reach her ear. "Dash is coming" I whispered to her with worry clearly in my voice because Jazz looked behind me. "What's wrong, why are you so so scared of Dash?" She whispered back. I explained what happened with Dash to her and she pulled me into a hug.

"Dani, Jazz come on, we need to get home." Mom said as she grabbed our wrists and headed home.

- - - - Time - - - - Skip - - - -

We made it home and mom started to head to the lab aka the basement. (Oh yeah did I forget to tell you mom and dad are ghost hunters.) "Mom, can we come too and see what you're building now?" Jazz asked as mom reached the kitchen.

"Ok, but you have to stay away from the portal." Mom said as she waited for us to follow her. 

"Portal? Where does the portal lead to?" I asked as we walked down the stairs into the base - Er -lab (ugh whatever you want to call it).

"It's suppose to lead to the Ghost Zone," mom answered "but we haven't got it to work yet."

We continued walking to the lab and I saw working on a machine. He looked really focused and frustrated.

"Jack, sweetie how long have you been working down here?" Mom asked walking up to dad. Dad just shrugged and said "I don't know, since you left the house?"

"Have left the lab at all to eat or anything?" Mom asked and dad shook his head "no" was his reply. Mom didn't look happy about dad not leaving the lab to eat something. Mom dragged dad up the stairs, I guess, to make something to eat for dad.

Jazz and I were in the lab by ourselves and I got curious about the portal and started walking up to the portal.

"Dani, come back here!" I heard Jazz say but I was to focused on going to the portal. It was like something was calling me to it. I made it to the portal and walked inside. I traced my hand along the wall of the portal and accidently hit a button and . . . I felt like all my insides were burning. I heard screaming but I couldn't figure out who it was. Then everything went black. 

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word count 1187

Remember to stay whelmed and feel the aster, my little birdies