Chapter 50: Babies, meetings, and flowers.

"Coffee Luna?"

"Amber, I already told you to just call me Charlotte," I gently corrected. "And I can get it myself, do you want anything?"

She shook her head, still avoiding eye contact in the kitchen with me. I grabbed an extra cup anyways and began to pour a cup for her; my wolf whined out to her, to her pack member that was in so much pain–pain which we caused.

"Amber, do you want cream or sugar?"

She shrugged. "However you take it is fine."

"You sure?"

She nodded silently. I sighed and fixed our coffees up as Angeline trotted into the kitchen area with a bright smile. "Ready for today?"

I shrugged as I stirred up Amber's coffee first. "Yes and no. I just want this over with."

She nodded to me with a half smile before she turned her eyes to Amber. "And who's this."

"This is Amber," I answered as I walked over to hand her the cup I had mixed up for her. "She's been helping Lyanna and I with all the pack things that seem to keep piling up."

"Well, it's nice to meet you," Angeline gently said. "I'm Angeline, Luna over at Lilaq, but everyone just calls me Angie or Lina."

"It's nice to meet you," Amber quietly replied with a tiny smile.

I sighed as more people started to pile in. We were having a meeting today, a meeting with Ethan's mountain group, the vampires that were already here, and some others like Jake, David, and Ryder to try and sort everything out before Ethan called the other alpha's in the region; by now news of their trip–of Billy had spread and the calls to Ethan and I were starting to pile up.

"Charlotte!" A young voice rang out.

I took a sip of my coffee then bent down to greet Penelope as Evangeline walked in behind her. She jumped into my arms and let me pick her up where she rubbed her cheek against mine before she turned to Angeline and Amber with curious eyes.

"Hi, I'm Penelope."

Angeline chuckled lightly. "I'm Angeline–"

"Deryl's mate right?" Penelope injected.

She nodded. "That's right."

"I like him. He taught me how to make a slingshot earlier," she stated.

I bit back a laugh while Evangeline rolled her eyes as she walked over to me, rubbing her cheek against mine before she turned to Amber. Evangeline's expression softened at the brunette wolf, she walked slowly towards her with her cheek offered.

"Hey, Amber," Evangeline greeted.

Amber quickly rubbed her cheek against Evangeline's with a look that looked almost like relief. Penelope smiled then dipped her head a bit to better see Amber. "Your name is Amber?"

She nodded. "It is."

"Your eyes are Amber," Penelope pointed out.

Her lips slightly quivered as she nodded again. "It's why my mother named me Amber. You're Penelope?"

"Yes, but Alpha Ethan calls me Penny," she grumbled.

Amber slightly smiled into her coffee. "It's alright, my brother always calls me Ambi-Bambi, it drives me crazy."

"I hate boys," Penelope grumbled.

"Really?" Evangeline said with a raised brow. "So you totally hated it when Lyle kissed you the other day?"

Penelope's cheeks turned bright red before she buried her face in my neck. Angeline and I bit back smiles while Amber smiled into her cup. "Penelope," I said slowly. "Did Lyle kiss you?"