Chapter 24: Good Cop Bad Cop

Fury.

We were like one wave of a hot fire after someone had poured too much lighter fluid over it.

We were ablaze.

Family.

It was a word that meant so much to me it almost sacred. The thought of that wolves in the cells waiting for us killed off their own young, had a hand in it, more than infuriated me. It made me want to rip their hearts out and shove them down their throats.

Since when did people become so dispensable to each other? Since when did greed and the lust of power become a figure in your life more intimate to you than your own children? Had we completely lost ourselves and sight of what was important? What was this life if people were willing to use their own family, their own children, as the stair steps to their own personal gain?

Ethan and I shifted quickly and walked through the trees towards the barn. We found some clothes in a burrow. I pulled on a big long sleeve t-shirt and some basketball shorts that I had to roll a few times while Ethan tossed on some sweatpants and a loose black t-shirt.

Heads dipped as Ethan and I passed them hand in hand as we marched to the barn. We had no other target in mind then the two that waited for us.

Traitors.

Ethan filled me in on his father's letter and Jaxon's new findings as we hauled our asses to the cells where Levi was pacing furiously. He snapped his eyes up as I trotted up and let out a hot shaky breath.

"Get over here," he called out. I walked to him and let him hug me tightly. "I am going to kill all those bastards," he growled out.

"You better get in line," I replied darkly.

Levi kissed my hair then looked me over. His eyes landed on my bandaged leg, causing a bloodcurdling growl to tear from his lips. Ethan sighed and walked up to us. "Silver. Emmett had a shotgun with silver pellets. She got a few but Ryder got them out."

"Brother!" Lander called out. He trotted to Levi and put his hand on Levi's shoulder as Levi started to shake furiously.

"Levi," I softly said. "Levi, we need to stay calm right now. You can't kill them yet."

He let out a hot breath and nodded before kissing my forehead. "But I will have a hand in killing them."

"Uncle," Ethan sighed out before he looked at Lander warily. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a pouch that he had carried in his mouth carefully the whole way here. He placed it in Levi's hand with a sad smile. "These belong to you."

Levi closed his hand around the bag and clenched his eyes shut. Lander half-whined to him and put his hand on his shoulder while I walked over and hugged his torso.

Levi opened his eyes and let out a shaky breath. "Let's get to work," he said, almost so calm it sent chills down my spine. He rubbed my back a little and kissed my hair before he seemed to settle down some more.

"Where are the vampires?" Ethan asked.

Levi smiled so darkly that it almost scared me. "They've been having a real good time. Got some interesting things out of both Tate and Larissa. Derek and Elliot are getting some more blood for them, should be back soon."

"Perfect," Ethan breathed out.

"What is your plan?" Levi asked as I moved over to Ethan.

He wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me closer to his chest. "Ready your men, we go in the morning. I don't care if it takes all night, Larissa and Tate will talk tomorrow."