Chapter 44: The Mountains

"Shit," Jaxon hissed.

"Dammit," Ajax groaned.

"Well fuck," Bailey sighed.

I tugged at my hair and dropped my saddle bag before I looked at Jaxon whose beast was coming closer. Looking back at Enoch and Abram, I sighed and tried to think of all the ways this could go down. My beast eyed the alphas up and down, licking his teeth with anticipation that was fueled by adrenaline that felt like someone was slowly dripping faster into my system, while Deryl snarled at them.

"Shit," I hissed, echoing Jaxon while Billy snarled at them.

There were about thirty of them and ten of us. Three to one, those odds were not bad, not bad at all. They wouldn't be bad if we didn't have a damn army of rogues sleeping behind us and potentially more northern wolves coming to backup their alphas. They were probably coming to back up their alphas; beast growled lowly and flashed the alphas his teeth. He would rip these filthy men apart; he wanted to rip them apart then carry back their bones to his mate as a prize, and in the moment I was very much inclined to indulge him. 

"Well boys, either shit or get off the pot," Billy called out to them, his beast charging forward with a lust for blood.

Enoch nodded to his warriors with a devious glint in his eye. The next thing I knew we were in a mix of chaos. I was tearing the throat out of a warrior while Jaxon was ripping a warriors arm clean off their body. We rolled around each other and moved to the next targets, dismembering them quickly while the fighting continued around us.

We had to end this and end this soon. Our luck the commotions would wake up the small rogue army sleeping not all that far away or the reinforcements would start to filter in. 

I jumped over a wolf then tackled a warrior down who was moving towards Ryder. I sunk a claw quickly into his chest and pulled out a lung then tossed it over behind me where Deryl was going head to head with Abram.

I moved to join him, to help but it was like watching a train wreck in slow motion. Ryder jogged to me as Jaxon ran towards Enoch.

Enoch wasn't fighting clean though, he just sliced through the chests of our other tracker Terrance, and one of the vampires with a blade, a long blade made of silver–silver that he drove right into Bailey's  heart.

Silver.

Shit.

I started to run towards Jaxon; I think I yelled at him to look out, but rage was swirling in his eyes. The other twin yelled out as he watched his brother fall down, his heart missing from his body and in the hands of Enoch who had clawed it out and tossed it down before stepped towards Jaxon.

"Jaxon!" I called out.

A warrior ran to me but I pushed them away right as Ryder tackled them and snapped their neck. I looked up and Jaxon was going blow for blow with Enoch. The blade whipped around him, it danced too close to his skin.

I could hear it humming, the familiar hum if silver that had given me a headache this whole trip. "Jaxon the blade!" I yelled out again as I ducked a warrior lunging at me.

Enoch punched Jaxon hard then went to stab him in the hip when Billy knocked Jaxon out of the way and took the blade in his torso. Something was coming out of my mouth, but I have no idea what it was.

I ran to Billy, but only to see Enock stab him again in the gut, then again in the chest–twisting the blade and drawing a growl of fury and fire from Billy's lips. Billy growled out at him and grabbed his arm then slammed it down on his leg, breaking it and forcing him to drop his blade which Billy caught.